Down to earth

"Remember that your main object is to protect your human. And don't get involved with others more than necessary. AND make sure that the evil creators of hell stays away from you" Mr.River said

This was my last "lesson" and I'll finally get a human to protect which will make me an guardian angel, and I'm really excited. I am the one who got the best grades in this course which means that I'll get the hardest mission.
To live in the human world as a human being and protect my human without getting too much involved. But I have to do that without an adult angel.

To protect someone isn't like in stories and movies about angels. No. We won't fly around after them and stop everything that tries to harm them. No. We will talk to them. And make them do the right decisions in life and make them avoid getting invoked with the Devils. And because of this "mission" I'm allowed to take an angel with me. And the both of us will live in the human world - the earth - and work together to make the human as good as possible. Sounds exciting actually. I really love helping people and this will be perfect for me. But they won't remember us, we will be there as classmates or coworker or simply whatever position we have to take but they won't remember getting involved with us AT ALL. They will know that we exist - not as angels but as normal human beings - but they will forget the parts when we actually help them or simply saves their lives. Isn't that sad? They won't remember that we saved them. And they will never know the truth.
... But why weren't I saved back then?

"Who will be your partner on this?" mr. River asked me "have you thought about it?"

"Yes. Lionell." I replied

"That was a wise choice, his human sold his soul to these evil creators" Mr. River said. And I could sense his hatred for these Devils deep in his eyes. "And he gladly will help you with your first job as an angel, should I ask him or do you want to?"

"Um.. I'll ask him" Nikolai replied "but there's something I have to ask you. Um.. back then. When I died, why weren't I saved?"

"You're the first one to actually ask that. And you are supposed to learn that in the second course, but I guess that I have to answer since you asked" he looked and me and then continued to talk "you know that there's angels and Devils. And there also are creators called Death gods. If you're name is in one of their books it means that you'll die unless a miracle happens. And the guardian angels usually can't stop something like that and that's why you weren't saved" he explained 

~~~

"This will be awesome" Lionel said as he tried to choose an outfit to wear for our little trip down to earth "I'm excited. And I'll help you if you need anything"

"Thanks, but seriously, what are we supposed to wear?" I said and looked trough my closet to find something to wear "are we supposed to have something casual?"

"Mr.River said that we're allowed to wear whatever we felt like wearing. Well I'll just go with some jeans and a white T-shirt" Lionel said and started to get dressed.

"Then I'll take a pair of jeans and a hoodie" I said and got dressed as well.

~~~~

"Are you ready?" Lionel asked

"Yup" I replied as we both flew down to earth with big bright smiles.