5. Avoidance

D E L I L A H

I woke up to a light heartbeat, I slowly opened my eyes with my hand on something soft.

I realized my head was laying on Pacey's bare chest, I felt his hand underneath his oversized shirt, lightly tickling my bare back.

I inhaled deeply, slowly moving around.

I was wearing his t-shirt and my underwear while he was just in his boxers.

I slowly sat up on my elbows, "Good morning, beautiful." He said and I lightly rolled my eyes because sometimes he was a cliche.

I leaned down and kissed his sweet lips before straddling his hips.

I sat up before he sat up, too.

He ran his hands up my back as I rested my arms on his shoulders, "How are you feeling?" He asked, I looked up at him because he was the sweetest.

"I feel good. I feel better." I lightly nodded and he hummed, "You, Pacey Witter, are the nicest man I have ever met." I smiled and he chuckled before he kissed me.

We broke apart and he smiled, and my God, it's so beautiful when the boy smiles.

--

"He could be the one." I mentioned to Holl.

"I'm sorry?" She asked confused, she had no idea about me and Pacey, at all.

"Pacey. I really like him." I said and she smiled, "Are you seeing him today?" She asked and I shrugged.

"Maybe." I shrugged, it was Monday, and I haven't spoken to Pacey since that night which gave me butterflies.

"Well, I approve-- because Duke approved." She mentioned my big brother and I quickly looked up at her, "He even told me that he wanted you two to be together." She smiled lightly before sighing.

"Really?" I whispered and she nodded.

"Well, go get him before someone else does." She smiled before I nodded, I told her I might go straight home to do homework after school instead of helping with the restaurant today.

I left soon after, rain clouds gathered over my head as I walked into the school.

I got there a few minutes early and went to my locker, I got my history and algebra books out before closing the door when the bell rang.

"Hey!" I heard someone speak beside me, "Hey, Jen." I smiled, she was the one out of their whole group that I talked to the most, although they all seemed pretty accepting.

"Let me guess, Algebra." She said and I nodded with my nose crinkled, "Algebra and then History and then I have a free period." I explained and she nodded.

"Looks like we've got some classes together, then." She smiled, I was about to say something cheesy about assign notes until we were interrupted by the rudest person in the school.

Abby Morgan.

"Jenni, hey!" She yelled for her new bestie, Jen.

Jen stopped but I kept walking, I said a quick goodbye because Abby has already judged me for how I dress so I didn't feel up to it today.