11. Simply Tired

D E L I L A H

I woke up to my mom turning on my bedroom lights, I groaned, assuming it was time for school after the hellbent weekend I had at the dance.

"Come on, come on, lets go!" She clapped and I slowly sat up.

"It's 4 a.m.. school isn't for another 5 hours." I groaned.

"You'll be missing school today, Holland's water just broke." My mom gushed and my eyes widened before I jumped from my bed, getting dressed in just sweats and a hoodie.

--

"Hey." I looked up as I sat in the waiting chairs.

"Hey, you guys made it." I smiled at Jen and Jack, "How's your face?" I slightly winced as I inspected Jack's black eye.

"It's fine, really." He said as he lightly moved my hands, "How's your sister? A-and the baby?" He said as our hands found each other.

"They are in the delivery room right now.. The nurse is supposed to notify me hourly." I said squeezing his hand because I was nervous.

"You should eat something, I can go get you something--" Jack offered but I shook my head, "There's a vending machine down the hall, you two should stay here incase the nurse comes." I said standing and they nodded, letting me leave.

I walked down the hall, finally stretching my legs after sitting on that chair for hours on end.

As I waited for the bag of pretzels to drop I heard someone jogging down the tiled halls and I looked to see Pacey jogging towards me, dodging nurses and doctors.

I sighed as I looked away, tucking my naturally wavy hair behind my ear.

"Hey, Jen said you were at the hospital, are you okay?" He asked, "I had a stroke." I joked.

He huffed, I glanced up at him before sighing.

"Holland is having her baby, everything's fine." I assured him as I grabbed my pretzels.

"You should go though--" "I'm sorry, about the dance, all right? I was way out of line." He sighed.

I looked up at him, "Way out of line." I agreed with him.

"I forgive you.. When you apologize to Jack." I said and he scoffed.

"I'm not apologizing to him, he knows I still have feelings for you, and he rubs it in my face that he kissed you? It's practically bullying." He said and I chuckled softly.

"People don't break up with each other because they have feelings for them." I said staring up at him, "And they sure as hell don't move on within two hours of the breakup." I said raising my eyebrows.

"It's complicated, alright? And I'll make it up to you, no matter how long it takes." He promised.

"You should go.. Jack and Jen are waiting for me." I cleared my throat.

"He's here?" He said and I rolled my eyes, "Bye Pacey." I sighed.

--