6. Grand opening

D E L I L A H

"So I'll see you tonight?"

"I wouldn't miss it for the world."

I smiled as I remembered talking with Pacey when I left after school, he promised me he'd make it to the grand opening of the restaurant, which we named Duke's Place.

The last two weeks have been hectic and busy and so good.

Pacey was the ideal boyfriend, in every aspect.

Time seemed to go fast before people started coming in, ordering our specials and admiring our hard work on what used to be an old warehouse.

"Is Pacey coming by?" Holland asked and I looked over at her as I waited for some food to be cooked because I was a waitress.

I lightly shrugged, "I thought he'd be here by now." I sighed.

My order was called and I picked up my trays, I took them out to the tables that ordered them, every time I walked out of the kitchen I was hoping to see that boyish smile, but I never did.

I wrote down some orders before heading back into the kitchen, I nearly ran into someone on my way.

"Woah, sorry about that." I felt them hold my shoulders so I didn't fall, I recognized that voice.

I looked up, my lips parted as I looked up at my father, "This wasn't how I wanted to introduce myself. I wanted to, you know, order something from you, and hope you'd recognize me." He said and I stared at him.

I saw him at the funeral but I assumed he flew in from wherever he lives and then flew out afterwards.

"What-what are you doing here?" I said, shell shocked.

"I came to see my family's restaurant." He smiled and I quickly brushed past him, I went into the kitchen, hyperventilating.

My very pregnant sister and my very worried mom rushed over to me, "I think she's having a panic attack, again."

"Hey, hey, it's okay. Remember, uh, remember when you had a panic attack in sixth grade?" My mom said holding my face, I inhaled sharply before nodding.

"You do what the therapist says, you think of your happiest moments, think of when Duke got you a puppy, or-or when Holland cut her hair too short on picture day." My mom laughed lightly although I could see tears pooling in her eyes.

I chuckled before my ragged breathing slowed, I closed my eyes as my mom still held my face in her soft hands.

"Come on, Akela, sit!" I whined when my puppy wouldn't sit down.

I heard a low chuckle and I glared at my big brother, "Why won't she listen to me?" I groaned.

"Persistence is key, Del." He said walking over to me, I plopped onto the ground, Akela jumped onto my lap, licking my face.

"It's a good thing you're cute, Akela." I scoffed.

Duke laughed before sitting next to me, "How do you train dogs in the army?" I asked looking over at my big brother as he played with the dog he got me for my 15th birthday.

"Like I said, persistence. Hey... I'm leaving again." He said and I looked up at him.

I opened my eyes as I exhaled, my mom hugged me and I laid my cheek on her shoulder.

"Dads here." I whispered.

I stood up and saw them glance at each other.

Holland glanced at her sweet husband, Dylan, he slightly nodded, knowing he had to be security right now, he left seconds after to escort Ian Young from the premises.

--

I sat on the dock, my feet hanging over the edge, I laid back, facing the sky.

I heard footsteps on the wooden dock and I looked over to see a pair of sneakers walking towards me.

"First of all, I am incredibly sorry. My dad found out I've been taking the boat out.." Pacey spoke and I sighed as I sat up, he sat beside me, "My dad showed up." I said as I looked down at my hands, a tear fell on them.

"I needed you there, tonight. But you were nowhere to be found." I said looking up at him as I sniffled.

"Delilah, I-I'm sorry. So sorry." He sighed, placing his hands on top of mine.

"I forgive you. Because I like you." I said leaning my head on his shoulder.

"So, your dad showed up? What happened?" He asked quietly.

"I had a panic attack." I spoke plainly.

I felt and heard Pacey inhale deeply, "Dylan escorted him out, but, uh, my mom just broke some news to me." I sniffled as I barely sat up, so I could at least look at Pacey.

"My dad lives in Capeside.. He has for the past few years. My mom has known for sometime now, but she thought that we should have some kind of relationship with him." I lightly scoffed.

"All I remember was his back.. Walking to the airport, leaving us all in his past." I said fiddling with Pacey's hand.

"Sorry," I mumbled and wiped under my eyes quickly, "Sorry I got you in trouble with your dad." I spoke softly, my forehead nuzzled in his neck.

"Please, I'd be happy to get in trouble for you, any day. I just wish I could've been there for you." He said and I smiled as my eyes became heavy.

"You're here, now." I mumbled.

A/N I picture Peter Young as Ian Bohen/Peter Hale and Jan Young as Leslie Mann and Duke as Tyler Hoechlin/Derek Hale and Holland as Holland Roden/Lydia Martin and guess who her husband is?? YOU GUESSED IT (or maybe you didn't) Dylan O'Brien/Stiles Stilinski because those guys are just 😍😍😍😍