He's Not Coming Back

Ember's POV
     Its been a year. One long, stressful year without Jonny. He's been in coma for a year now. My hair is to my shoulders and I barely eat anything due to depression. I loved him for than I admitted to myself. He was my anchor and my father took that away from me.
       College is stressful. Every now and hen I come down from LA and see my family and of course Jonny and Izzy. His mother doesn't like me much. The time without Jonny has really made Zeke realize just how much he loves his step brother.
      Today, their unplugging the life support. His mom didn't even beg for a little more time. My dorm room door opens and Derrick comes in and kisses me. I don't feel right being in a relationship but I have problems with saying no. He's such a nice guy but I miss my protective, violent, badass, kinky, possessive, sexy, Jonny. I haven't been able to fully commit to the relationship since my heart is still with Jonathan. My brother was the one who told me that I needed to at least try to move on, for Jonny may never come back to me.
     "I can't stay today," I say. He sadly nods. I've explained everything to him. Over time, I've started cutting again, to distract myself from the internal pain. Its my fault that he's in coma.
     "Okay," he says. I smile gently at him. "Kiss me," he says. Hesitantly, I press our lips together. I don't get that feeling of wanting more with him.
      ×××××××
      Izzy has blood shot eyes when I get to the hospital three hours later. She wraps her arks around me, making tears spill from me immediately. "When are they doing it?" I ask. She pulls away.
     "Tonight, after we leave. This is just to say goodbye." His mom comes over, not even looking sad. "Does this make you happy?" Izzy demands. Her mother sighs.
     "He's my son, but I'm happy that he can now in no way, be like his father," she says. This sets me off.
     "Before he got shot, promised me he wouldn't hurt me. Ever. He was crying out because of you. You are one heartless bitch to say that to your own son. He loved with his whole self. He was his own and self. Go to hell," I tell her as I walk into the hospital room.
     The door closes behind me as I sit down next to Jonny, getting as close to him as possible. Standing, I get in the bed beside him, wrapping my arms around him. His body is cold.
     "I'm gonna miss you. This shouldn't be happening to you. I love you so much and can't wait til I one day see you again. I miss everything about you; your eyes, your touch, the sweet smiles that came to your face when I kid you. When I'm sleeping, I just have dreams about us. If we were have kids. If we got married. I would anything to have you back. I had promised myself I wouldn't get attached to you, but I love you so much."
     I close my eyes and bury my face in his neck. If I could die now too I would be happy just to be with him again. The feel of something on my forehead catches my attention. Fingering, slowly intertwine with mine. I shoot up and look at Jonny.
     His eyes are open but weak. His body is slowly warming up. A small smile forms on his lips. He's alive, awake. "I will marry you one day," he says. I start bawling my eyes out. He wraps his arms around me, pulling close to him.
   "Your alive. I love you so much," I say. He kisses me gently. My hands tangle in his now shaggy hair. The door opens and Izzy and his mom stride in. I don't dare pull away from the kiss. His hands are roaming everywhere on my body.
      "Oh my god!" Izzy yells and runs over. I almost fall off the bed. They hug each other tightly. "You fucking idiot! Your alive!" He smiles.
     "Can't leave until I kill my first borns girlfriend or boyfriend," he says winking at me. "I'm sorry I'm not dead mom." She looks down and leaves. "What been happening?"
    "You just got out if a coma,and you're trying to have a casual conversation?" He shrugs. "Well, I'm a lesbian." He cocks his head to the side.
     "Good to know. Your you beautiful? Your hairs grown back."
     "Um, things have happened all right. But, I'll explain those things in private with you," I say. He nods slowly. Izzy gets up and walks out smiling for the first time in so long. "So, um. I have a boyfriend."
    He smirks. "No shit. I know the guy pretty damm well too." Tears well up in my eyes as I hear his deep voice.
     "They, completely convinced you weren't going to come back. I didn't want to date anyone else, but I guess I have a hard time saying no. I just be with you," I say. He looks at our hands.
      "Are you still my baby girl?" I lean in close so my lips brush the weak spot on his ear.
     "As long as your still Daddy."

AN: I tried to kill him and I just couldn't. WHAT SIDE OF HER DO YOU WANT TO SEE? Comment!!Stay alive |-/                                                  -Veah