Remember

Jonny's POV
    Being at the roof of the hospital makes me feel relaxed. I've always had a thrill for heights. Closing my eyes for a second, I can hear gun shots. Immediately, I drop down behind the brick railing. The entrance door to the roof opens and Zeke comes over.   
    "You okay man?" He asks, looking around. Hesitantly, I stand, looking at my surroundings. This PSTD is getting out of control. As I look out at the street, Zeke stands beside me. "Do the know how everything is going to play out yet?" He asks.
     For the first time I feel like I actually have a brother that its just a full time douchebag. "Kind of. The one their doing right now is to make sure that the ones they did are okay. This should be the last. Well, that's what their hoping," I say.
     "Do you remember what mom used to say? That theirs always invisible second chances hanging in the air? That could be the case here. Maybe this baby would have had a really tough life internally. Sick or something. Its not like its hard to get someone knocked up again."
     I groan, thinking back to me getting shot. "Kind of is in my case," I say. He cocks a brow. "When I was shot at that graduation. They hit a spot, near down under, and it kind of makes it near impossible to have a child. That's why I was so damn happy about her being pregnant," I say. He looks dumbfounded.
     "Wow, um. I'm sorry. This must suck," he says. I just nod and close my eyes again. Bombs. Guns. Cries. Screams. Blood. "Man, are. You. Okay?" I nod.
     "Its nothing."
     ××××××
      I watch as she sleeps peacefully in her hospital bed. Thankfully, everything is okay. "I love you," I whisper as she slowly shifts in her sleep.

SHORT: THERES ONLY THREE CHAPTERS LEFT! STAY ALIVE |-/       -veah