By Your Side

Ember's POV
     I have plugs in my nose, helping me breath for some reason, when I wake up. The lights in the room hurt my eyes. Looking around, I don't see anyone. No Jonny or Izzy. No baby. Taking a deep breath, I force myself to sit up. My chest hurts so bad and there's wires hooked to various areas of my chest.
      The door opens and a very tired looking Jonny walks in. He sees I'm awake and nearly sprints over to me. He wraps his arms around my sore, painful body, but soon pulls away.
     "How do you feel?" He asks me, kissing my forehead. I take his hand while he sits down on the edge of the bed.
     "Hurting, but it's bearable," I say. I must look like crap but he's seem.me at so much worse. I've been on the verge of dying and he stayed by my side. "Where's the baby?" I ask, forcing a smile. He looks down at our hands, his eyes watering. No.
     "Your heart kept failing and it was either you or the baby," he says. Tears escape. "You know I can't live without you. That was the hardest choice I've ever had to make in my life, but I love you too much to just let you go when I had the choice," he says.
     "You shouldn't of chose me," I cry. He gets up and lays beside me in the bed. I cuddle into his side, sobbing into his tight, muscle hugging shirt.
     "Your my forever. I can't let you go. Ever. Your always going to be my first choice, baby girl," he says. I can't stop crying. My baby girl, Illiana, is gone now. Its my fault. I thought I was perfectly healthy, but I wasn't and that hurt her. She had a heartbeat, ten toes, she was her own little little person and never got a change to live her life because of me.
     "I'm sorry. Its all my fault. I should have known that something was wrong," I sob.
     ×××××××
               Jonny's POV
    I hold her as she cries into my chest. I have no more tears to cry even though I feel the need. Punching a wall sounds good right now. "Its not your fault. They didn't catch the failure in time and I'm for that I'm sorry. They performed two major heart surgeries over night, that's what the wires and scars are all from. They want to do one more to make sure everything will be okay for awhile," I say, my voice cracking. There they are. The tears that I had thought had all been shed.
    "Stay by me, please," she cries. I kiss her for second.
     "Every step of the way, Darling."

AN: AHHHH 😭😭😭😭 comment what you think is gonna happen!!!! STAY ALIVE |-/          -Veah