Chapter 15

I open the bedroom door but then I freeze as a voice calls my name.

"Violet?"

This can't be true! How? Out of everyone, how can it be him? I turn around and look at the man with who I shared candy last night, and apparently a whole lot more.

"Daniel."

"I gotta go," I say before walking out of Daniel's bedroom. Only know I see the pictures with familiar faces. How did I not see those before?

"Vi, wait!" Daniel calls after me. He also walks out of his bedroom, without a shirt. I'm starting to see how I ended up here.

"Dan, I have to go. I'm late for work already."

"We have to talk about this."

"I know, but not now. I really don't have time," I say as I make my way to the front door. I also really don't know what to say if we talk about it right now.

"Vi, please, you're already late. It doesn't matter how late you are, right?"

"It does matter Dan. I promise we'll talk about this, but later, okay?" I say before walking out of Daniel's apartment. I close the door behind me before making my way outside. I quickly call a taxi and luckily it doesn't take too long before it shows up. I tell the driver my address and he takes me home.

After getting to my apartment, I immediately make my way to my room to take a shower.

"What are you doing here?" I hear Joelle say, making me stop walking. I turn around and see her sitting on the couch.

"I could ask you the same thing, shouldn't you be at work?"

"I took the day off and so did you. So why are you here and not still with Daniel?"

"I have so many questions right now. First off, when did I take the day off?" I ask as I sit down on the couch as well.

"You didn't, I did for you. So you could spend the day with Daniel. Which brings me back to my question, why are you here and not in bed with Daniel?"

"Oh, okay. Thank you for that. But how do you know I was with Daniel?"

"Because I saw you two leave together, duh."

"What happened last night?"

"You don't remember?" Joelle asks and I shake my head.

"All I remember was getting to the club and having a few drinks."

"Oh that sucks, after that things took off."

"What happened?" I ask, because apparently Joelle knows.

"Well, like you said, you had a few drinks. Well, more than a few. Then you dragged Daniel to the dance floor and you started dancing with him," Joelle starts and suddenly I remember that part.

"Come dance with me," I ask Daniel, making him smile. He finishes his beer before he follows me to the dance floor. Once we get there, I put my arms around Daniels neck before swaying my hips. Daniel pulls me closer to him by putting his hands on my hips. I continue to sway my hips, enjoying the contact between the two of us.

"We danced together for a long time," I say and Joelle nods.

"And it didn't really look like two friends dancing together," Joelle says.

We continue to dance and I can tell Daniel is enjoying himself. I turn around and press my back against Daniel as I keep swaying my hips. I move against his crotch, which Daniel enjoys even more. He puts an arm around me to keep me close against him, not that I plan on moving. I lean back and put my head on his shoulder as we continue to dance together.