Chapter 34

"So what are you saying?"

"Quit your job."

"What?!" I exclaim in shock. He didn't just say that. He can't be serious.

"Quit your job and travel with me. Be with me. Give us a chance, please."

I stare at Daniel in shock. He can't be serious, can he? He can't actually want me to quit my job, right? However, the look on his face shows nothing but seriousness.

"You're not kidding?"

"No, I'm not. I want to be with you, all the time. I don't want you to have to work all the time. I can provide for you, I can take care of you."

"I don't want to quit my job!"

"Why not?"

"Because it's what I love to do! Besides, I need some security."

"Security? For what?"

"For when things end between us."

"You think we'll break up?" Daniel asks, surprise on his face.

"No, but you never know what can happen."

"I know that that won't ever happen."

"How? How can you be so sure?" I ask him as I don't know myself. I need assurance, I need to know this is the right thing to do. For us, but for me as well.

"I just know! I feel it when I'm with you."

"I can't just quit my job because you feel like we're meant to be!"

"What? Why not?"

"Because like I said, I need security. And even though I know I want to be with you, you never know what life throws at you."

"So what does that mean?"

"It means that I need some time to think," I say as I start walking out of Daniel's room.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm gonna go to the front desk to ask if there is an empty room for tonight."

"Don't do this Vi," Daniel pleads as he takes my hand.

"I have to, I just need some time," I say before walking out of the hotel room. I go downstairs and luckily, there is a room available. I do have to get my stuff out of Daniel's room, but to my luck, he's in the shower when I come to get them. I quickly take my stuff before going over to my room, which is only a few doors down. As soon as I sit down on my bed, I call Joelle. I need some advice, asap.

"Hey, what's up?" Joelle says once she picks up.

"I need some advice."

"What is it?"

"Daniel asked me to quit my job."

"Wow, that's a big deal!" Joelle says, not sounding that shocked or amazed.

"It's crazy!"

"What? Why?" Joelle asks, sounding genuinely confused.

"Because if I quit my job, I'll have nothing! He says he'll take care of me, but what happens if Daniel and I break up?"

"What makes you think you two will break up?"

"Nothing, but you never know what happens. Life can be crazy sometimes."

"You didn't say this to Daniel, did you?"

"Yeah, I did. Why?"

"Idiot!" Joelle exclaims, confusing me.