Chapter 33

Ahh, race day. The most exciting day of the racing weekend. Well, usually at least. So far, the race hasn't been very interesting for Daniel. He's currently 4th and I have a feeling that's where he'll end up in the final standings. But I can't just focus on Daniel, I also have to look at the other drivers and what's going on as I do have to write a race report for Dylan.

I'm currently sitting in the press area, which kind of sucks because I would've loved to be in the Red Bull garage again. Now I have to wait until Daniel is done with all his interviews before I can see him.

As I expected, Daniel crossed the finish line in 4th place, behind Nico, Kimi and Lewis. I save all the notes I made during the race and start making my way to Daniel's room. I don't know when he'll be back, but at least I'll be there when he does. And it'll give me a quiet place to write out the race report.

"I thought I'd find you here," I hear Daniel say, making me look up.

"Hey, are you done?" I ask as I close my laptop. I only got a little part of the report done, but I'll finish it once we get back to the hotel.

"Yeah, thankfully. Let's get out of here."

"Alright," I say as I get up. Daniel changes out of his racing suit as I pack up my things. I try not to stare at him too much as he's walking around without a shirt. Which is pretty hard, I'll be honest.

"Are you ready?" Daniel asks, making me look up. At his face this time.

"Yeah, I am."

"Great, let's get out of here," Daniel says as he takes my hand. I follow him through the paddock to his car.

"Are you going to the after party tonight?" I ask as we're driving back to the hotel.

"I don't know, do you want to?"

"Sure, I mean, if you want to. I just want to spend my night with you, doesn't matter where that is," Daniel says, making smile.

"Let's go for a little while and then we'll go back to our room, okay?"

"Sounds good to me."

The party is already in full swing by the time we get there. A bunch of drivers are already there and the music is playing loudly.

"Do you want something to drink?" Daniel asks me and I nod.

"Just get me whatever."

"Okay, I'll be right back," Daniel says before walking to the bar. I look around until I spot Max, who's talking to some people I'd seen around his garage. Probably his team. As he's basically the only person I know except for Daniel, I make my way over to him.

"Hey," I greet Max as I reach him, making him look up.

"Hey Violet! How are you? I didn't know you came to the race!"

"I'm good, thank you. How are you? Finishing 6th is not bad!"

"I'm good, pretty happy with the result. But tell me, what are you doing here?"

"Well, I asked my boss if I could get a new job and I got it! I write the race reports now."

"Why did you want a new job?" Max asks confused.

"Because she just couldn't resist being with me," Daniel says as he wraps his arm around my shoulder. I didn't even realize he walked up to us.

"So you two are together now?" Max asks as Daniel hands me my drink.

"Yes, we are. Officially a couple," Daniel says, making me smile.

"I'm happy for you, you two are great together!"