Chapter 32

Daniel's POV

I had forgotten how lonely life can be when traveling for races. Sure, it gets really busy, but sitting in a hotel room by yourself feels pretty lonely. Usually, I just watch some TV or play some games, but today I don't feel like doing any of that. Which means I'm just sitting in my room, staring into space.

Suddenly there's a knock on my door. I get up, confused as I'm not expecting anyone and if someone from the team needs me, they always text or call. I walk up to the door and open it slowly, just in case it's some crazy fan.

"Hey," the most beautiful girl in the world greets me. I stare at her in surprise.

"Hey, you're here," I say, stating the obvious, but I can't find any words that make sense right now.

"I am."

"How?"

"I talked to Dylan again. I'm going to write race reports and I need to be at the races for that."

"What does that mean?" I ask, not wanting to jump to conclusions.

"It means I'll be going to every race. With you."

"Really?"

"Yes," Violet says and I take step closer to her before pressing my lips against hers. She clearly didn't see it coming as she freezes at first. But once she realizes what's going on, she starts kissing me back. I pull her into the hotel room as she was still standing outside. I close the door before wrapping my arms around Violet to keep her close to me.

"I love you," I whisper after pulling away slightly. Violet's eyes widen as this is the first time I've told her this. But I've known it for a while.

"You do?" Violet asks, surprise obvious in her voice. Have to say, not the reply I expected.

"Yes, I do. I'm sorry if it's too quick or if this makes things weird or anything."

"No, no, no, that's not it! I just, didn't expect it."

"You didn't think that I loved you?"

"No, to be honest, I didn't," Violet says to my surprise.

"I've loved you for years, I just didn't realize it until a little while ago."

"I love you too."

"You have no idea how happy I am to hear you say that," I say before pressing my lips against Violet's once again. As we're kissing, I realize this is the first time we're kissing each other sober. It's the first time we both are fully conscious of what we're doing and we still choose to do this.

I lead Violet to the bed and she lets herself fall backwards. I hover over her as I continue to kiss her. This is all I wanted, her, Violet. I didn't even fully realize it until now.

"Stop," Violet whispers, which confuses me. I stop and look into her eyes, trying to figure out if something is wrong.

"Did I do something wrong?"

"No, no."

"Then what is it?" I ask as I stroke her cheek.

"It's not that I don't want this, it's just that....," Violet says, trailing off.

"What is it Vi. Please, tell me," I say, confused as why she doesn't want this. We've done this before, even if we were drunk.

"What are we?" Violet blurts out and she starts to blush right away, as if embarrassed that she asked.

"What do you mean?" I ask as I get off of her.

"What are we?'

"Do you mean, are we together?"

"Yes. Are we?" Violet asks and I can see the insecurity on her face. Suddenly I realize how important this is to her. I just figured that we're together now, just because it makes sense. I didn't know that me officially asking would mean so much to her.

"Violet," I say as I take her hands in mine. Violet looks me in the eyes and has a small smile on her face, probably knowing what I'm about to say. Or ask rather.

"Yes?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

"I would love to," Violet replies, making a huge smile appear on my face.

"Good," I say before kissing her again. This time, there is no hesitation from Violet's side and soon enough, we're discovering each other's bodies in new ways. Even though this has happened before, we were both drunk and we didn't take the time to discover each other in the way we do now. Every curve, every small bump, every single detail is traced and memorized by my hands.

"So, any plans for today?" Violet asks as she gets comfortable, her head on my shoulder, her arm draped over my chest, our legs a tangled mess.

"Well, I didn't really expect you to show up, so I didn't make any plans for us."

"What do you want to do?"

"Just be with my beautiful girlfriend," I say, making Violet blush.

"Other than that."

"I don't need anything else."

"We can't just lay in bed all day."

"Wanna bet?" I ask, a smirk on my face.

"Not really. I wanna do something fun!"

"We just did something fun! I don't mind repeating that if that's what you're saying?"

"Dan! Be serious for second," Violet chuckles, but I just start tickling her. She starts giggling uncontrollably as I keep tickling her sides. She tries to fight e off, but I'm way too strong, obviously.

"Say I'm the best boyfriend ever!" I tell Violet, but she shakes her head.

"What, why not?" I ask as I stop tickling for a moment, shocked by her statement. Well, acting shocked that is.

"You haven't even been my boyfriend for a day! How can I know if you're the best boyfriend ever?"

"Hm, you've got a point."

"Right?" Violet says and I can tell she's hoping I won't start tickling again. False hope, unfortunately for her.

"Say I'm gonna be the best boyfriend ever!" I tell Violet as I start tickling her again, making her giggle as she tries to fight me off again.

"You-you're go-gonna b-be the b-best boyfr-friend ever!" she manages to say, which makes me stop tickling her.

"Much better," I say, making Violet roll her eyes at me. I smile, leans in and give Violet soft kiss before pulling away again.

"Hey, I deserve more than that after what you've just put me through!"

"I don't mind that," I say before leaning in again. This time, it doesn't just stop with a soft kiss. I quickly deepen the kiss by running my tongue over her lips. She doesn't hesitate and soon enough my tongue is exploring her mouth as my hands explore her body again.

"You still didn't tell me the plans for today," Violet mumbles as I kiss her neck.

"I'm showing you," I whisper in her ear.

"You know what, screw any plans," Violet says before bringing my mouth back to hers. Best girlfriend ever. Already.

Little bit of Dan's POV just before the book is ending, I hope you liked it! And they're finally together!!! It only took 32 chapters xD How do you feel about it? Let me know in the comments below :) And don't forget to vote for this chapter!

Love you all

Evy
Instagram: readracewrite