Chapter 29

"A story I'd like to hear," Christian, Daniel's team boss, says to my surprise.

"Well, let's order and then we'll tell you all about it!" Daniel says and that's exactly what he does. During dinner, he tells the team all about the two of us. Stories from when we were younger, stories from the past few months, all kinds of things are mentioned. But one thing he doesn't mention is our current situation. He brought me here as a date, does that make me his girlfriend?

No matter how badly I wanted to talk to Daniel about the current situation between us, I don't get the chance. Sunday is a crazy busy day for him and I don't want to bother him, even though I'm getting more and more confused by the day.

The race goes by pretty quickly and I have a smile on my face as I watch Daniel cross the finish line in 4th place. I know he really wanted to be on the podium at his home GP, but P4 is still a pretty good result, especially considering where he started.

Even though neither Daniel nor Daniil won the race, RB is still hosting an after party as it's the first race of the season. I heard Daniel talk about it this morning, but he hasn't actually asked me to come with him. But secretly, I'm counting on it.

"Great job Dan!" I say as I hug Daniel.

"Thanks Vi, I'm so glad you were here today," Daniel says as he hugs me back. He is done with all his media responsibilities, which means he's done for today.

"I'm glad I was here."

"I'm also glad it's over, the home GP is always crazy."

"Yeah I understand. It's not fully over just yet though."

"It's not?"

"The after party," I say, hoping Daniel will get my hint and invite me to come. Not that I so desperately want to go to the party, I just want to spend the night with him.

"Oh, yeah you're right. Totally forgot about that!"

"Good thing I'm here to remind you then."

"Yeah, for sure. So, I'm going back to the hotel now, but I'll pick you up around 8?"

"Pick me up?" I ask, trying to sound confused. I know what he means, but I just want him to properly ask me. Assuming that I'm coming is something that would be okay if we were just friends. But we're more now, even though I don't know exactly what that means for us.

"Yeah, for the party."

"Am I invited then?"

"Of course, you're coming along with me."

"Oh, you didn't ask so I didn't know."

"You're right, I didn't, I'm sorry. I just assumed you'd come."

"Oh okay."

"Do you want to come to the party with me Vi? As my date?" Daniel asks, making me blush with the last part.

"I'd love to," I say, making Daniel smile.

"Great, I'll pick you up at 8 then."

"Can you first drop me off though?" I ask, making Daniel chuckle.

"Of course, let's go."

I straighten my dress out as I look in the mirror. The skirt of the dress feels soft against my skin whilst the top is tight around my chest. I smile and do a little twirl.

 I smile and do a little twirl