Chapter 19

"Are you excited?" Aron asks as he starts the car.

"Yeah, I am."

"Great! Let's have some dinner," Aron says before driving off. As we drive to the restaurant, I try to forget about Daniel. I have to forget about him for tonight, I can't think about Daniel during my date with Aron. I can't.

"Vi?" I hear Joelle call out as I start eating my breakfast.

"Kitchen," I reply and soon enough Joelle walks into the kitchen.

"How was your date last night?"

"It was a lot of fun!"

"Really?"

"Yeah, he took me to this nice restaurant. It wasn't too fancy, but the food was delicious!"

"Sounds nice!"

"Yeah, it was. After the restaurant, we went to the park and just walked around a bit. It was really nice to just talk for a bit and get to know each other better."

"Sounds like a good date."

"It was and he asked me out again as well."

"Oh, now I really want to meet him!"

"You will," I promise her as I continue eating my breakfast.

"I still kind of feel bad for Daniel though."

"Why?"

"I don't know, I just feel like he's not being honest or something. I mean, why would he react so weird when you told him about your date?"

"You've been thinking about this ever since I told you, haven't you?"

"Maybe?" Joelle says, but I know for sure that she has.

"Well, it's his own fault. He said what he said and there's nothing I can change about it."

"That's true. I just wish you'd hang out again."

"Well actually, he invited me over for dinner with his parents."

"Really?" Joelle asks surprised and I nod.

"Yeah, he invited me after I told him about my date."

"Oh, that's interesting."

"Joelle, don't get any ideas."

"I'm not, I promise!"

"Well, I'm going over there tonight and I'll see what happens."

"You better tell me all about it," Joelle says as I finish my breakfast and put my plate in the dishwasher.

"I will, don't worry. But first, I'm gonna get some work done," I say and Joelle nods before I make my way to my bedroom. Even though it's a Saturday, I still need to get some work done. Downside of working in the journalism industry I guess.

"I'm gonna get going!" I call out as I start making my way to the front door.

"Have fun!" Joelle replies as I grab my purse. I check to see if I have everything I need before stepping out the front door.

"Oh, by the way, I'm taking the car!" I call out and before Joelle can respond, I close the front door behind me. Even though Daniel lives fairly close, his parents don't and that's where Daniel said the dinner would be. I get in the car and drive over to Daniel's parents. I still know the route by heart, despite not going there for years. Once I reach their place, I park my car and get out. As I walk up to the front door, I start to feel nervous and I don't know why. I ring the doorbell and wait for someone to open.