Chapter 17

"To be honest, I don't even feel that weird about it."

"You don't?" I ask surprised and Daniel nods.

"Yeah, I mean, we were both drunk and we were attracted to each other. It's not a crime or anything, it happens. I guess we should both take it as a compliment," Daniel says and I'm taken back by what he's saying. Even though the magazine threw me off, the fact that feelings started to grow doesn't chance. But I guess he doesn't feel the same way.

I look at Daniel for a while, trying to figure out how to respond to what he just said. I didn't see it coming and I also didn't expect him to react that way.

"Yeah, I guess," I eventually say, not really sure.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, I mean, we're friends right? This shouldn't influence our friendship."

"Exactly!"

"So we're good?" I say, though I'm not even sure myself.

"Yeah, we are."

"Good," I say, smiling at Daniel, who smiles back at him. I'm glad we're good, though I'm still not sure how I really feel about all of this.

"You're back already?" Joelle asks surprised when I walk back into our apartment.

"Yeah, I am," I say as I sit down next to her on the couch.

"What happened?"

"Well, we talked and we're good now."

"Why do I have the feeling that there's more to it?"

"Because Daniel said that it all happened because we were drunk and felt attracted to each other. It was just something that happened and we should both take it as a compliment."

"So he basically said it was a mistake?"

"Yeah, basically," I sigh.

"And how do you feel?"

"Honestly, I've started to grow feelings for him."

"You have?!" Joelle exclaims excitingly, making me chuckle. I knew she would react that way.

"Yeah, I only realized it when I read the interview. I felt disappointed reading it and I realized that I would like to be the girl that's supporting him. But I guess that's not gonna happen."

"I'm sorry," Joelle says and I shrug as there's not much she can do about it. I was stupid enough to grow feelings for my guy best friend. This is what happens when something like that happens.

Daniel's POV

I walk into my apartment, texting my friends as I do. I really need some advice on what just happened with Violet.

Can you guys meet? – Daniel

Where?" – Evan

When? – Jake

Now? My place? – Daniel

On our way! – Sam

I put my phone away as I walk to the kitchen to make myself another cup of coffee. Before the guys get here, I have some time to think about everything. I don't even know why I said what I said. It just kind of came out before I really thought about it.

"Alright, what happened?" Evan says as he walks in. Right, forgot they have the key to my apartment.

"This hasn't happened since you and Jemma broke up." Sam adds as he follows Evan inside. Jake walks in after him and he closes the door behind us.

"So start talking, what happened between you and Violet?" he asks as the three of them sit down.

"How do you guys even know it's about Violet?" I ask confused as I sit down as well.

"Because what else would it be about?" Evan says as if stating the obvious. He's probably right.

"Okay fine. Well, we talked about what happened last week,"

"What happened last week? I mean, we saw you leave but you never told us what happened," Jake says and the other guys nod. I didn't? Oh.

"Well, basically, we almost slept together."

"What?!" the three guys exclaim in surprise.

"And you didn't think to tell us about this sooner?" Sam asks and I just shrug.

"Anyway, we talked about it and she asked me how I felt about what happened," I continue my story.

"And you said you are in love with her and now she's freaking out?" Evan guesses and I shake my head.

"Not exactly. I said that we were both drunk and attracted to each other. That it happened, there's nothing we can do about it and we should take it as a compliment."

"You didn't," Jake says.

"I did.

"Idiot!"

"I know."

"Why did you say that?" Sam asks and to be honest, I still don't know.

"I don't know, it just slipped out of my mouth."

'How did she react?" Evan asks.

"She seemed kind of taken back, but she also seemed happy that we're good."

"Are you though?"

"What?"

"Are you really good?"

"I don't know, I guess so."

"No you're not. No matter how much you try to deny it, you have feelings for her. And based on how you said she reacted, she has feelings for you too. Both of you are just too scared to admit it too each other!" Sam exclaims, surprising me.

"I don't know mate," I say, not wanting to admit that he's right. Well, about the first part.

"Don't deny it because we all know that it's true. All you have to do is go to her and tell her how you feel!"

"It's not that easy."

"Why not?" Jake asks me.

"Because we used to be best friends. Then I leave and we don't see each other for years. Now we're back in each other's lives and things are still kind of fragile. I don't want to screw things up."

"It's the best time to tell her mate! If you wait, you'll become best friends again and then you'll never tell her how you feel because you don't want to lose your best friend."

"We never stopped being best friends."

"Still, same thing counts. Now you're still in the phase were things can change. And you want things to change, right?"

"Eh, yeah, I guess so."

"Then change them!"

"I don't know, I have to think about it. I mean, now I have time and all, but what happens when the new season begins? I don't know if we'll be able to see each other. What happens if we break up? Will we still be friends?"

"Mate, stop asking so many questions!" Evan exclaims and the others nod in agreement.

"What?"

"You're overthinking it. Just go to her and tell her how you feel."

"I don't know. I need some time to think about it," I say, even though Evan just told me I'm already overthinking it.

"Don't think too long, before you know it, you're too late."

I hope you guys liked it! It's just a stepping stone to what's coming ;) But do you think Daniel's friends are right? Should he just talk to Violet? Or should he wait and figure things out first? Let me know your thougths in the comments below and don't forget to vote for this chapter!

Love you all

Evy
Instagram: readracewrite