Chapter 35

I never thought I'd say this, but quitting my job was the best decision I ever made. I've had the time of my life traveling with Daniel. Watching him race each weekend has been a ton of fun and I'm glad I'm there when he needs me, which has been a few times so far.

"Baby?" Daniel says, making me snap out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah, I am," I say as I get up. I look around our bedroom, which I won't be seeing in a while.

"Are you okay?" Daniel asks as he walks closer to me.

"Yeah, just thinking."

"About what?"

"That we won't be here for a while."

"Yeah, I know," Daniel sighs as he wraps his arms around me. I lay my head on his shoulder and melt into his embrace.

"But I can't wait to marry you," I whisper, making Daniel press his lips against the top of my head.

"I can't wait to call you my wife."

"Well, we better get gong then. The sooner we get on the plane, the sooner we get to Australia, the sooner we get married."

"I don't know if it works like that," Daniel chuckles, but he does let go of me.

"We won't know if we don't try, right?"

"We do need to get to the airport if we don't want to miss our flight."

"Let's go then!"

After a crazy long flight Daniel and I arrive in Australia, where we'll have our wedding. Yes, Daniel proposed to me. It was absolutely perfect and very unexpected. I still get butterflies thinking about it.

"Vi?" Daniel asks, making me look up from my laptop.

"Yeah?"

"Can you come with me for a moment?"

"Sure," I say as I get up. I follow Daniel to the living room. I've been working on a blog post the entire afternoon and part of the evening as well. After quitting my job, I decided to start blogging about my life and people have been liking it a lot.

"I have a surprise for you," Daniel says before he opens the door to the living room. I walk in and gasp as soon as I see how our living room looks.

"Dan..." I whisper breathlessly, not expecting this at all. I look around and take in all the candles that are all over the living room. The lights are dimmed and there is a beautiful looking dinner table in the middle of the room.

"Do you like it?"

"I love it!" I say as Daniel leads me to the dinner table.

"I'd love to say I made this myself, but I ordered it."

"Everything looks amazing," I say as both of us sit down. Dinner doesn't only look amazing, but it also tastes amazing. I'm still amazed by everything, but most of all I'm wondering why Daniel is doing all of this.

"I hope you liked it," Daniel says when dinner is over.

"I loved it, thank you so much."

"You're probably wondering why I'm doing all this."

"A little, yeah," I admit, kind of loving the fact that Daniel knows me so well.