Woman in the army? I think not!

Five years later
I walked into the army administration office in Brooklyn.
The men there gave me weird looks or whistled at me. I saw Steve at the end of one line. I tapped his shoulder.
"Hey, Steve." I greeted.
He whirled around. "Katie? What are you doing here?" He demanded.
I thwacked his head. "Oh Steve you're so slow sometimes. I'm here to join the army? What else would I be doing here?"
"You know it's hopeless. Women aren't allowed in combat." Steve replied.
"That's why I'll be the first. You know other women have fought wars before just in disguise. But I'm going to make sure to show the world women are just as capable. To make it a regular thing." I said proudly.
"It's not gonna work."
"Who says? Besides I'm sorry Steve but who says you'll get in you're tiny. And you're one to talk you should know what it's like to be denied." I snapped.
"Alright." Steve finally gave in. Pretty soon Steve was handing in his papers.
And no surprise he was rejected the third time this month. "I'll wait for you." He said to me stepping aside.
"Next." The lady at the desk said. I stepped up proudly. The lady was young had the typical short hair with a slight wave for women (blonde hair) and she wore a ton of makeup.
She looked at me like I was insane.
"You do realize women aren't allowed to fight correct? I think you're in the wrong line." She said in her high pitched girly voice.
  "I'm in exactly the right line. I believe women have every right to serve their country as do men." I said standing straighter.
  "You're right however we serve in different ways. Next." She snapped.
  I stood my ground. She glared at me.
"I believe I dismissed you."
  "You have no authority over me I'm joining the army." I said sternly.
  "Miss you are making a scene please leave." The woman ordered.
  I stayed.
  "Am I going to have to call the authorities?" She asked in annoyance.
  "I would at least like a chance to prove myself." I said still holding my ground.
  She suddenly changed and instead of looking annoyed her eyes now gleamed with admiration and approval. "Come with me." She chirped happily.
The woman led me down a very long hallway that led to a secretive looking area.
  She pushed opened the large gray doors.
  "Agent Atwell what are you doing back here?" A colonel asked.
  Agent Atwell gently nudged me forward."This woman here wishes to join in combat. She refuses to leave."
We were in some kind of office. The general came over to us.
"What is your name?" He demanded from me.
I stood straight and with lots of poise I replied. "Katie Rogers."
"Rogers?" He asked.
"Yes sir."
"Are you related to Steve Rogers by a chance?"
"Yes sir."
"I'm guessing persistence and stubbornness runs in the family huh?" The colonel asked.
"Sure does."
"Well Im Colonel Philips. Pleasure really to meet you." The colonel said.
"It's an honor sir." I replied. "So you'll let me in the army?"
Colonel Philips snorted. "Hell no."
"But sir-"
"Uh no. That's my final answer."
"I'm not leaving."
"Women do not belong in combat." Colonel Philips said sternly.
"Sir women have every right to serve their country in combat just as men do." I replied firmly but still with respect.
"You're right however women serve differently. And you're not ugly I'm sure there's another way for you to get a man." Philips said harshly.
  I was offended. "Excuse me! That is not why I'm here! I want to join the army to fight!"
  "Good so you realize that in the army were all here to win wars not to mate."
  "I'll have you know I already have a man." I spat.
  "Really? Good, well in that case I'm sure he'll be happier to have you in the kitchen making little sandwiches and pies instead of here." Philips snapped.
  "Now get out of my office!" He started to go back to paperwork.
  I ran to the desk and picked up his pistil. I fired it at the ceiling. That got everyone's attention. Everything went dead silent.
  "What the hell is wrong with you!" Philips yelled.
  Agent Atwell slowly took her hands off her ears.
  "Give me a chance! Please! Let me prove myself first!" I shouted.
  "You aren't going to leave are you?" Philips asked.
  "No I'm not." I said sternly.
  He sighed. "Alright, come with me." He looked back at Agent Atwell.
  "Please go back to your post make sure the boys haven't destroyed everything and for the love of God get someone to fix the hole in the ceiling!"
  Agent Atwell nodded, "yes sir." She said before leaving her heels clicking down the hallway. I could have sworn she winked at me before leaving.
   He led me out of the building and to a small training area outside.
  "First drop and give me 100!" Philips barked.
  I did as he said. When I finished I stood straight awaiting further command.
"Uh now here hit that target." He handed me his gun.
I cocked it and fired at the target a few times. Each time I hit bullseye.
"Great, great uh run that obstacle course."
  I did and I found it pretty easy.
    I stood in front of Philips again.
  "Uh, now lets test your hand to hand combat." Philips said. "Simon!"
  Colonel Simon stepped forward. "Sir, I'm not going to fight a girl." He complained.
  I got into a fighting stance. "I can take it. Come on if you're not too scared."
  Colonel Simon looked at Philips for assurance. He nodded.
  Simon took a swipe at me which I easily dodged. He tried again. This time I caught his arm and flipped him over my shoulder.
  Then I pinned him to the ground.
I got up quickly. Simon groaned as I helped him up.
  I stood before Philips.
"Alright welcome to the army Private Rogers." Philips said with a hint of regret.
  "Thank you sir I won't let you or the country down."
  "You better not. Now get outta here before I come to my senses." He barked.
  "Um sir, I was wondering if there was a chance my brother could be accepted?" I asked remembering Steve's desperation to be accepted.
  "Now you're pushing it." Philips snapped.
  "Sir he really wants too." I pleaded.
  "If you really want to help him get the poor kid a sandwich." Philips said.
  "But, he has heart, I'm sure he could I don't know at least train with the rest of the troops?"
  "No, the training would kill him. Now leave."
  I left. I was overjoyed at getting accepted but I felt so bad for Steve. I know how much he wanted to join the army.
  He was so devastated when he came home from the recruiting station the past two times. Steve had tried to hide his disappointment but he failed miserably.
  Bucky and I had taken him for ice cream those two times and even that didn't cheer him up much.
  When I got back to the recruiting station Steve stood outside the building. He was having a panic attack.
   "Steve!" I called. He looked at me and tackled me in a huge hug.
  "I was so so worried about you! Gosh what are we going to tell Bucky? He'll go nuts if he finds out about-"
  "Steve, relax. I got in." I told him as I gently nudged him off me.
   Steve looked like his brain had exploded. "You got in? What about the wha? How?"
  "Well I had to shoot a gun at the ceiling just to get noticed by the colonel . I did 100 push-ups, ran an obstacle course, fired some guns, then had hand to hand fight with Colonel Simon to prove myself and I got in." I explained.
  "I've been here panicking for an hour trying to figure out what I'd tell Bucky that you got arrested  who'd well I don't even know what he'd do but he'd do something awful." Steve rambled.
  "You didn't tell Buck did you?" I asked nervously.
  "No. You know you're lucky to have him. He really really loves you maybe more than I do. I mean he's never dated a blonde before. Cause you know he likes brunettes better and you're blonde so that means you're somethin special."
  I laughed. "Thanks I think."
   It was silent a moment. "Hey Steve?"
   "Yes?"
  "I asked if you could be accepted." I told him.
  Steve looked up at me in wonder and surprise and sadly hope. This was gonna hurt him so much. I really didn't want to crush his dreams.
  "Really? What'd they say?"
  I took a deep breath before answering. "Colonel Philips declined. I was really pushing my luck at that point. I'm so sorry Steve."
  He stared at the ground sadly. "No it's fine. I should've known. I'm happy you got accepted at least. Still it's pretty embarrassing that my sister got in and I didn't."
  I patted him on the back. "Keep trying Steve don't give up and I'll help as much as I can."
  "No, don't. I want to do this myself. And I wasn't planning on giving up." Steve replied.
  I smiled. "I know you're a Rogers alright. Let's go home squirt." I teased.
  Steve smirked. "Right behind ya tomboy."

Authors Note
  I would like to point out I don't own most of the storyline and the only characters I own are Katie Rogers and Agent Atwell.
  Also I don't have an actress or anyone yet for Katie so for the time being just imagine Steve as a girl. That's what Katie looks like.
  Also there will be spoilers if you haven't seen Captain America: the first Avenger. Should've said that earlier but there haven't been any spoilers yet so.
  You can keep reading if you haven't seen Captain America but it is highly recommended you watch it first. Cause I only sorta go along with the actual storyline.
  Anyway enjoy and comment and stuff.😊