Headaches and Hashbrowns

Sunlight steamed into the infirmary. Every part of me ached. Especially my head.
"Hey doll." Bucky said he was sitting on the end of the hospital bed. He had a bright smile on his face. I tried to sit up but I immediately fell back onto my pillows.
  "What time is it?" I asked my voice still hard to use.
  "It's 5:00pm." Bucky said.
   "I slept through the whole day?"
  He chuckled. "Yes you did."
    "How you feeling?"
   "Like horse dung." I replied. Bucky smirked. "I can help with that."
"How so?" I asked. Bucky had a devious look on his face. Carefully he straddled me sitting on top of me. Bucky helped me sit up a little. Then he wrapped his arms around me. He began kissing my chest lightly then my neck, my forehead, my cheeks and finally my lips.
  His touch immediately made all the pain go away. His lips were smooth the kiss a little rough but wonderful. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach. There was no one else out there that could make me feel this way.
  I heard someone clear their throat. Bucky broke away from me and I could see the nurse standing in the doorway.
"Are, uh, you two, hm." The nurse said awkwardly.
  "Sorry ma'am I'll leave." Bucky said. He kissed me again before walking out.
  "Wow, you've got Barnes?" The nurse asked.
  I nodded. "Five years."
*************************************
  The day I got back to action was hash brown day. The one day a month that there were hash browns with breakfast.
  Meaning total chaos. So of course when I walked in to the mess hall the guys were shoving each other out of line. To my surprise it all stopped when I walked in.
   "There she is!" Quincy Downs yelled.
  "Oh yes the fiery smart allic!" Ryan Maze cheered.
I was really confused. "What's going on?" I asked.
Bucky came up to me and put an arm around me. "Just go with it Kit-Kat they love ya."
"Why?"
"Cause you got John Filch humiliated and he's been running constant laps." Bucky replied. "You defeated the camp bully."
I was still surprised but I went with it. It was what I wanted to prove women are capable. What blew my mind the most however was that the guys let me go to the front of the line. On HASH BROWN morning.
"Are you guys sure?" I asked. Sebastian Smith patted me on the back. "Go." He said.
Hesitantly I went to the front. No one tried to kill me. I was never really popular so this felt so odd. I felt... loved.