Insanity

"Where's Sergeant Barnes?" Colonel Philips asked when we returned to the camp. I had stopped screaming and hysterically crying by then, however when Philips said Barnes I collapsed on the spot and cried.
He could tell by my reaction something had happened. "What's the matter with her?" Philips demanded.
"Sir, she's upset Sergeant Barnes well he passed." Steve tried to explain lightly.
I looked up at him, "he's not dead!" I shrieked in between sobs, "please sir send a rescue team!" I pleaded with Philips.
Philips just regarded me with a pitying look. "Please!" I begged.
"I'm sorry." Philips said, "bring Zola to his new home." He ordered the soldier handling Zola before walking off.
I was left on the ground with Steve standing beside me. I looked to him hopefully. "Steve, you'll help me save him right?" I asked with the tone of a small child asking for hope or something.
He shook his head, "Katie I'm so sorry, I feel awful to but there's nothing we can do, he's gone."
"Steve!" I pleaded.
"Kit-Kat there's nothing-"
"No! No, don't call me that! That's Bucky's nickname for me!" I shrieked.
"Kate I'm sorry." Steve tried.
I jumped up from the dirt. "No! Go away! You're the worst brother in the world! COWARD! Why? Why won't you help me save him?"
"Katie-"
"No!" I shrieked running away.
*************************************
Third Person Point of View
Steve is sitting alone at a table in a ruined bar somewhere near the camp.
Agent Peggy Carter walks in. Steve notices.
"Dr. Askin said that the serum wouldn't just affect me physically but mentally too." He poured more alcohol into his glass, "so I can't get drunk."
Peggy takes a chair and pulls it up to the table. She sits. "It's not your fault." She promised.
"Sure doesn't feel that way." Steve remarks bitterly.
"Do you really think this is what your friend would want? You moping around like this?" Peggy asks. "Listen he died for you he clearly thought you were worth it."
"It's not just Bucky that's bothering me," Steve says after a moment of silence, "it's also Katie."
"Your sister?"
"Yes, she's worrying me."
"Well she'll need some time-"
"No, Agent Carter you don't understand, she's sitting in his bed back at camp she's wearing on of his jackets his dog tags around her neck and she's crying and talking to his pillow." Steve explains.
"What's she saying to it?"
"I don't know, something about, I don't even know. But she won't talk to me! At all! And I just keep saying the wrong things. Bucky would have handled this so much better." Steve complained.
"Well I'm sure she doesn't hate you or anything she just well I suppose this is normal." Peggy tried.
"She called me a coward and the worst brother ever." Steve spat.
"She doesn't mean it."
Agent Carter face palms. "We really need to teach you how to speak to women."
"I figured you could help Katie instead, I can't find her friend Agent Atwell anywhere and well I stink at talking." Steve suggested.
"Alright of course I'll talk to her. Though I'm not sure how much good it'll do. She needs time to heal."

Agent Carter walks into the men's sleeping areas. A slumped figure sits alone in one of the beds.
It's Private Rogers.
"Um Private Rogers everything alright?" Peggy calls. Katie looks up. Her eyes were red and puffy.
"Yes?" She asks.
"What are you doing?" Agent Carter knows she must be careful with hers words.
  "I'm discussing strategy." Katie replied simply. Agent Carter looked around the room, no one else was in sight.
  "With who?"
  Katie held up a pillow. "Captain O'hare."
  Agent Carter tried to seem unconcerned and unconfused. "I wasn't aware that we had another captain on the premises."
  Katie just shrugged.
  "Might I ask what kind of strategy are you discussing?" Agent Carter inquired.
  "On saving Sergeant Barnes, however Captain O'hare says I need to lay of the crazy pills, no one will help me! Not even Agent Atwell! When I asked her for help she burst into waterworks hugged me and quit her position saying it was too sad. They all think I've lost my mind!"
"Well I don't think-"
"No! Don't you dare! You don't believe me! No one does not even Steve! You don't have to pretend. But I need to find Bucky! I can't fail him not again. I've failed everything else. I failed as a person, daughter, sister, girlfriend, friend, wife soldier I failed my country. Worst of all I failed Bucky!" I wailed.
"Katie you haven't failed your country and you haven't failed Steve either." Agent Carter tried to reassure.
"Do you know why Steve was like that before?" I asked.
"I do but that's not your fault."
"It is too!"
"Katie, I'll see what I can do to help you." Agent Carter said before leaving me to drown in my tears.

Agent Carter goes to find Steve. Steve stands quickly when she walks in.
"How is she?" Steve asks worriedly.
"Well, she's talking to a pillow alright."
   Steve sighs frustrated.
  "I think we should help her." Agent Carter states.
  "Help her save her dead boyfriend?" Steve asks bewildered.
  "No, we set up a stage and pretend to find his body and hold a service it might console her a little."
  "She won't fall for that there's no way it'd work." Steve argues.
  "Steve, she's talking to pillows."