Rescuing Barnes

"So I believe the last base is about here." Agent Carter said pointing to a map.
  "You two will be in a lot of trouble when you get back." Steve said.
  "And you won't?" Agent Carter replied with sass.
"Stark is the best flyer on the base." Peggy assured us as we flew on a helicopter to HYDRA.
"Hey you know if this wasn't going on I was gonna go fonduing." Howard Stark said, "that sound nice Peggy?"
She looked over at him, "I suppose."
" Well you seem pretty popular around here, and Carter seems pretty super." I winked at Steve.
He rolls his eyes at me. "So are you two uh fonduing?" Steve asked motioning between Agent Carter and Howard Stark. I face palmed.
Suddenly the helicopter lurched. Gunshots came from all around us.
"Let's go!" Steve yelled to me. I nodded putting on a parachute.
Steve flung open the door he sat on the edge I did the same.
"Steve what are you doing?" Peggy exclaimed.
"Me and Katie are going to jump out, you and Stark get outta here!" Steve yelled over the wind and gunfire.
"You can't give me orders!" Peggy snapped.
"The hell I can't! I'm a Captain!" Steve shouted back. With that Steve jumped down from the helicopter.
"Steve!" Peggy yelled panicked.
"Katie are you sure you want to do this?" She asked me.
"I don't see how I can't. I have to save the man I love." I told her, "see you around Agent Carter, be good to Steve."
I then jumped from the helicopter. I screamed the whole way down. Even with the parachute I landed on in a heap on the ground. I got up groaning.
"What took so long?" Steve hissed.
I just glared at him. I was about to retort but Steve hushed me. A truck came rumbling down the road. Steve launched himself into the back of it.
  Two HYDRA agents were there. Steve took one out with his shield that I just noticed he had. I slashed the other with my knife then shot him 12 times and kicked his body out.
  "What the hell was that?" Steve demanded.
  "I hate these guys." I said simply. After a short while the truck came to a stop. Steve peeked out from the canvas on top of the truck. I stood next to him holding my gun steady.
  A guard stood in front of us he wore a heavy uniform just like the rest of the HYDRA men. Steve bashed him with his shield.
  I kicked him in the head as we walked bye. Steve gave me a concerned look.
  He kicked down the doors. "I'll find Bucky." I said immediately.
  Steve nodded in agreement. We fought our way through the base until we found the cells. I went to a random cell. "Stand back!" I ordered. They smiled stupidly.
  "Private Rogers!" One exclaimed.
  I fired at the lock of the cell a few times before it broke off.
  I wrenched open the door. The soldiers flooded out. "Wait!" I called grabbing ones shoulder.
  "Yes?" He asked.
  "Where's Sergeant Barnes?" I asked desperately.
  The soldier gave me a sad look. "He went into experimenting." He said before walking off with the rest.
  The news crushed me. But I refused to cry. I'll find him, I have too, I told myself.
  "Katie!" I turned. Steve had called my name.
  "Find Bucky I'll handle this!" He called. I nodded and ran off. I honestly had no idea where I was going. I just hoped I would find him.
  I came upon a damp hallway that was mostly bricks. I peeked through doors but found nothing.
  That's when I saw Arnim Zola hustling further down the hallway. "YOU!!" I shrieked.
  He stopped and turned around. Zola gave me an evil smirk. "Private Rogers."
  I fired my gun at him but in my rage I missed by a mile. Zola started attempting to run. I charged after him.
  "GET BACK HERE ILL KILL YOU!" I shrieked at him.
  "Kit-Kat?" I heard a weak voice ask. I'd recognize that voice any where.
  I whirled around to find Bucky leaning heavily on Steve. I completely forgot about killing Zola and dropped my gun which clattered to the floor. My heart raced.
  I was beyond happy to see him. I ran at him and into his arms. He was filthy but I didn't care. I embraced him and gave him a soft but passionate kiss that I poured my heart and soul into.
  "I told you I'd come back." I said stroking the back of his head lovingly.
  He smirked at me. "I didn't doubt you."
   Steve was standing there awkwardly. He cleared his throat. "I hate to interrupt this but we have to go."
  "Right." I said. Steve moved to take Bucky off my shoulder. "I've got him." I said.
  Bucky wrapped his arm around my shoulder. He leaned on me heavily. I didn't care though, I was overjoyed to have Bucky back. Nothing could ruin this. Except maybe Johann Schmidt and his ridiculous right hand man Arnim Zola.
Explosions rang throughout the building. We raced desperately trying to find a way out. We ended up on a high catwalk fire raged below us eating up the whole warehouse.
That's when Johann Schmidt and Arnim Zola appeared. "Captain America," Schmidt called, we stopped dead in our tracks, "how exciting! I am a huge fan of your films. It seems Doctor Askin managed to master all, not much of an improvement but impressive. And here we have your sister Katie Rogers first woman in combat just as impressive. Isn't this wonderful."
Steve went up to him and punched him in the face. "You have no idea." He spat.
Schmidt punches Steve's shield creating a noise that sounded as if a gong was banged. Schmidt knocked Steve to the metal walkway. Steve quickly recovered kicking Schmidt in the chest he flew backward.
Schmidt quickly stood backing away. Zola pressed a button that separated our walkways.
"Coward!" I snarled at him.
"No matter what lies Askin told you, they say I was his greatest success!" Schmidt boasted. Too our horror he began literally removing his face. Till he showed a burnt up red skull. He flung the mask into a large conflagration below.
"You don't have one of those do you?" Bucky asked.
"You are diluted Captain, you pretend you are just a simple soldier, in reality you are just afraid to admit we have left humanity behind." Schmidt began walking out an exit with Zola.
"I embrace it proudly!" Schmidt added.
"Then how come you're running?" Steve countered.
Schmidt offered no answer and fled the scene.
"What now?" I asked.
"Come on." Steve said dragging us upstairs.
We found a metal beam knocked down connecting two platforms.
"Go Buck." Steve urged. Bucky looked at me for reassurance. I squeezed his hand.
Bucky carefully walked across. I chewed my fingers the whole time. The beam creaked and threatened to collapse. Bucky stumbled thankfully not much. But the beam shuddered again. He almost fell right off. Bucky whimpered a little.
"Bucky!" I couldn't help but wail. The beam clearly wouldn't hold up much longer. It started falling. Bucky panicked and ran across. He just barely swung himself over as the beam fell into the conflagration.
"There's got to be a rope or something!" Bucky yelled from the other side.
"Go get outta here!" Steve yelled.
"Leave Buck!" I urged.
"NO! NOT WITH OUT YOU!" Bucky shouted.
Steve sighed and pulled back the metal bar rail. Then he swiftly picked me up.
"Steve! What are you doing?" I shrieked as he ran and jumped the entire way over to the side Bucky was on.
"Holy cow!" I said trying to catch my breath.
"Let's get out of this Hell hole." Bucky said.