- seventeen -

.:: chapter seventeen - aftermath ::.

⛓🔐⛓

The feeling of something warm and wet licking over Tyler's face is what caused the petite brunet to awaken, gently swatting at what he figured was no other than the puppy who was once at the foot of his bed, the pup came to a stop and instead moved on to lick the boy who was laying next to Tyler on the bed.

A warm arm was thrown over Tyler's waist, causing the boy to softly sigh and turn around in the set of arms that were no other than Joshua Dun's. With a small smile, the brunet leaned up and over to press a gentle kiss to the skin on Josh's cheek, right next to his lips.

Removing himself from the middle of Josh's arms, Tyler replaced his body with a pillow and called for the pup to follow him out of the room. Looking back the brunet checked to make sure there wasn't any mess on his floor, and sighed in relief when he spotted none. He figured his mothers cleaning lady probably stopped by to take care of any mess that may have happened the night before.

Walking down the stairs, Tyler was met with the sight of something that didn't happen on a regular basis. His father was walking out of his office with a happy smile on his face. He looked expensive as he walked around with a Giorgio Armani suit on, a fresh clean cut haircut, and a gold Rolex.

"Wow dad, you look nice! What's the occasion?" Tyler asked as he walked closer to his father, picking up the Australian pup to hold close to his chest as he ran his fingers through Suga's soft fur.

"I just scored another business partnership, so I decided that I was going to take your mother out on a date since we haven't done that in a while... which do you know anywhere your mom might like to go?" He asked nervously, his cheeks turning red causing Tyler to giggle at his father.

He had never seen his dad blush before, and it was quite amusing to him. "I'm pretty sure with as cheesy as you are, taking her anywhere you are at would be perfect to her." The brunet smiled softly, before he was startled at the action of his father pulling him into a tight hug.

"Even though you didn't answer my question directly, I love you. I know I don't tell you this often because I'm always locked away in my office, but you are an amazing son Tyler. Even if you wear clothes suited for the opposite gender, you're still my child and I support whatever decisions you make. If you ever need anything, I know I won't be good with boy drama like your mom, but I'm still here if you need me." He whispered into the boy's ear, which caused a gigantic grin to spread on Tyler's face.

"I love you too dad, now go get ready for mom! Don't be nervous, she'll love whatever you prepare for her either way." He said with a giggle, shoving the older Joseph away and continuing down the hall to the kitchen. He liked eating before brushing her teeth and showering because if he brushed his teeth before he ate, his tastebuds were completely off.

Setting Suga onto the floor, Tyler leaned up to grab a box of cereal and poured the food into a bowl before grabbing out the milk and pouring it on top. Taking a spoon, tyler sat at the bar table, on a barstool, and began eating his breakfast in a peaceful silence. He could feel Suga licking his bare legs and he chuckled around the spoon in his mouth, moving his legs away from the puppy who was begging for food.

The sound of pattering feet hit Tyler's ears as he gave a Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal square to the puppy.

"Morning." The brunet said with a wave, a familiar blond standing in the threshold of his kitchen.

"Good morning, I see you made breakfast for yourself." Josh chuckled as he pointed to the lone bowl on the table.

"Yeah I did. You know where the cereal and spoons are at, and the milks on the table so you can make your own breakfast." Tyler responded, sticking his tongue out of his mouth in a childish way. Joshua rolled his eyes playfully at the brunet and grabbed out a bowl before pouring some milk into the glass and then his cereal.

Tyler scrunched his face up in mock disgust before glancing at Joshua. "You're weird." He said out loud, stuffing more cereal into his mouth.

"Why? 'Cause I pour my milk before my cereal?" Josh asked with an amused face, sticking a spoon into his breakfast before taking a large bite.

"Yeah. Who even does that?" Tyler asked with a stifled giggle.

"Me and a whole bunch of other people who know how to eat cereal the right way." Josh said with a smile, adoration showing through his smile as he looked at the brunet.

"Sounds fake but okay." Tyler laughed, the same amount of adoration radiating off his smile as he looked at the blond.

Just then Angela walked through the kitchen, stoping for a brief moment as she spotted her son and sons love interest. She could tell that the two boys had feelings for each other but they were obviously scared to go through with the judgement of exposing that secret to each other. She didn't understand why they wouldn't, but that may have just been that she watched them grow up attached at the hip even though they started their friendship on a very rocky situation.

"Oh hey, Josh." Angela said as she decided to make her presence known, both boys turned to look at the bare faced woman who wasn't wearing any makeup and was only in a set of pajamas.

In Josh's opinion, he thought Tyler got a lot of his looks from his mom, and seeing her without makeup, confirmed that suspicion.

"Hello, mama Joseph." Josh smiled, taking a bite of his cereal.

"Oh, Tyler! By any chance, did you leave at like three something in the morning?" Angela asked as she brewed up some coffee in the coffee machine.

The brunet squinted his eyes and playfully hit Josh's shoulder.

"Thanks to this idiot, I did! He got arrested for fighting and underage drinking but they let him go." Tyler explained to his mom who just nodded as she took in the information.

"Joshua, when will you learn my boy?" Angela asked with a laugh, watching as Joshua raised his hands up in surrender.

"Hey, they wanted to throw insults at my sexuality, so I broke their nose. They were asking for it!" Josh shrugged, a few little laughs leaving his lips as Tyler made random faces at the puppy wagging it's tail for more food.

"Oh don't worry about feeding him and stuff, Amelia came over earlier and took care of him, but that doesn't mean she's doing it all the time Tyler!" His mom said as she pouted her cup of coffee and added in the desired add-on's.

"Got it, mama! Now Joshua, we need to talk about you're unfortunate eating habits." Tyler said with a giggle as his mom left the kitchen.

Her eyes playfully rolling as she heard joyous laughter fill the room from down the hall. She just really wanted her son to be happy.

⛓🔐⛓

Super Unedited.
probably not the best chapter, but hey we got to meet more of tyler's dad that's not really in this fic, but still in it ! i think i may add more scenes with him though !!

also, i have no clue what kind of business i want tyler or josh's family to run, so whenever i figure it out, i'll let it be known... even though it's not that important ! and sorry for the late update, i've been very very busy and had lots of bad luck !

|-/ shay xx