2 7

^Song above, Turnin' by Young Rising Sons

A/N #1 - This is an ACTUAL chapter, to thank you guys for the FIFTEEN THOUSAND READS!!!! ALSO, JUST 270 MORE VOTES TO GET TO 2K VOTES!!! But like for real, no weird bolding and italics or random spaces. I hope you guys like it because I'm not really good at writing like this...

-Kay

---
JAE as in blueJAY,
GER as in burGER.
---

His Point Of View

JAEGER MATTHEWS. Get your shit together.

Pacing around backstage wondering if something's gonna go wrong has never been your favorite part of a performance.

However, that feeling when you finally let loose has been your favorite ever since you were a child and put on shows for your parents.

Unfortunately, you're not at that part yet.

You're at the first feeling.

And that's fear.

But looking through those curtains and seeing her wonderstruck gaze, gave you just enough courage to pick your balls up from the floor and put them back where they belonged.

You feel a tap on your shoulder.

Spinning on your heels to face the shoulder tapper, you see it's the assistant stage director. A perky junior with a big smile and clear voice.

"Jagger, right?"

You let out a small chuckle, "JAEger, but it's okay."

"Oh! Sorry Jaeger, anyways you're up next, so get ready! You have about three minutes," she chirps, brushing off her mistake. She whirls around getting ready to speak to another person, most likely a crew member.

You reach over and grab your acoustic guitar off the stand and put the strap on. You spend two minutes double checking and tuning the strings of your Fender, and one minute trying to go over all the horrible ways this could go wrong.

Obviously there wasn't enough time for the latter.

You walk onto the stage, a stool and mic already prepared for your acoustic set.

The lights blind your eyes and you can't see many faces.

But you can hear. Through the polite applause, you can hear Mason, Jax, Harmony, and Melody clapping and hooting.

But what you don't hear, is her voice.

Maybe she's waiting until after the song.

You awkwardly tap the mic with my index and speak, "Hey."

"THAT'S MY BEST FRIEND RIGHT THERE!" You hear Mason scream.

A light laugh escapes from both the crowd and you. Then you hear her. And see her.

Your eyes finally adjusted to the light, and they landed directly on her. You hear her airy laughs directed at Mason's screaming match with the air.

Your heart pounds. Beating through your chest. It feels like you're suffocating, but finally alive.

"My name is Matthews Jaeger," I pause and realize my slight mistake, "Oh! Sorry, my bad. My name is Jaeger Matthews. And this song is for anyone that needs a little incentive to turn their world around, and get on a good track."

More applause erupts from the audience.

"So here it goes... If you been, just staring at the sunrise, above this hollow town. Been chasing empty memories, the kind that's keeping you down. Can't seem to find your stride. Just trying to live your life. Been feeling suffocated, searching for vindication."

---
LIL as in LIL Wayne
LI as in famiLY
---

Her Point Of View

LILLI CHI. Get your shit together.

Seeing him up on stage is like a dream for both of you.

Having Melody and Harmony bring you here ensuring you that you wouldn't regret it, had you slightly wondering if you would regret it.

But after seeing him come on stage all awkward and cute-like, your heart couldn't stay calm.

And when he freaking chuckled at the audience and you saw his breathtaking smile, you heart rate sparked so fast that if you were strapped to a heart monitor the nurses would be thinking you had a heart attack.

"Chasing these empty verses, some roads have crooked signs. We're losing all this daylight, but soon the moon's gonna rise. These final puzzle pieces, we tried but they're too tight. But if we ease the pressure I bet they'll fit just right."

You feel as though he's singing the words straight to you.

As though he's singing for you.

But that can't be possible. You're just a back up friend, why would he like you? Why would he dedicate a song to you?

His voice is melodic. It was sweet, soft, and beautiful.

Someome as amazing as him probably has someone special lined up.

And that special someone, isn't you.

"But the world will keep on turning, turning. You gotta keep that fire burning, burning. I know you think you're in a hurry, there's no need to worry, 'cause I can feel it turning, turning. Our luck is turning around!"

---

A/N #2 - SO HOW ABOUT THOSE NAME DROPS?? I hope you liked this chapter, because I may or may not (leaning may not) make the next chapter a full length also. But it depends on you amazing people!

Words: 837

-Kay