3 5

Her Point of View

You just couldn't shake off the thought of him singing a song to another girl. The way his eyes lit up when he sang the chorus has been like a movie stuck in your head on repeat.

You walked out of the bathroom, dejected. This time, not because of some mean high school girls, but because of your own insecurities.

Would it even be worth it?

Walking into that lunchroom, seeing the group surrounding Jaeger, listening to them talk, listening to him talk, knowing that there's no place in his heart for you?

"Hey baby! Why the long face," Jason walks up to you linking arms.

You look up, startled.

"Don't act like I didn't see your sad little eyes girl, tell Mr. Jason what's wrong."

You turn your head to his and whisper quietly, "It's nothing really, don't worry about it," then flash him a quick, small smile then glance down, so he doesn't think much of your previous 'long face'.

"I know you're lying babygirl, but I'll leave you alone for now because I am ready to eat!" Jason drags you into the lunch room by your intertwined arms and drops the subject.

His Point of View

You finally made up your mind.

After the first couple steps, your strides became solid and steady. Today was the day you would wipe that sad look off of that beautiful girls face.

With her stare at her feet, she didn't see you walking towards her. But Jason did. He pointed his two fingers to his eyes and then directed them straight at you. I see you. He unlocks his elbow with hers and steps backwards, allowing you guys space.

You walk the last few steps towards her and then allow her name to slip off your lips.

"Lilli."

She looks up at you with surprised eyes. What a beautiful, stunning girl.

"Can we talk for a second? I've been meaning to tell you something." The words slide off your tongue, as though they've been waiting to be said.

She looks startled, to say the least. "Sure Jaeger," her quiet voice fills the space between you guys. And with that affirmative answer, you gently grab her hand and lead her to the quiet courtyard.