3 6

Her Point of View

Your insides are turning.

What does he want to talk to you about? Why did he lead you outside? Most importantly, why is he holding your hand?

His grasp on your left hand has your entire body on overdrive. A heart that won't stop going crazy.

Here you are standing in an empty courtyard, with Jaeger Matthews. A kind-hearted, talented, attractive boy, that you have had feelings for since the start of the school year. And he's holding your hand. Are you about to faint? Yes. Are you going to hold it together long enough to see what he has to say? Hopefully.

His Point of View

You're insane.

You randomly walk up to her, ask her to talk, then grab her by the hand and lead her outside where it's empty, silent, and you're 99% sure that Lilli Chi can hear your heart beating out of your chest.

Is this really it? The moment that you've been building up the courage for since the beginning of this year?

"Lilli," you begin slowly, attempting to keep your voice stable and comprehendable.

"Jaeger." Her small voice replies a little louder, her cute eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What did you want to talk to me about?"

Well, no more beating around the bush.

"Lilli, I like you." You rush out.

Her eyes widen as her lips part to form a sentence. But before that happens, you quickly go on.

"You are one of the most beautiful, caring, sweet, talented girls I've ever known, and I've had a crush in you since you sang that Marina song in class with your keyboard and you smiled at me with your sweet little smile. I just wanted you to know that I like you before I lose the courage to tell you how I feel. Because I do. I really do like you. A lot."

Silence.

Your heart drops as you gather her stunned look and pure silence as a form of rejection.

"It's okay if you don't like me back, I just needed you to know this before I explode-"

She cut me off, "Jaeger?" She speaks with a question in her voice.

"Yes Lilli?" You reply, your heart ready and willing to be broken.

"I like you too." Her eyes glistening with joy, changing your hurriedly clasped hands to a pair of intertwined fingers.

Your heart soars.

"Really?" You squeak out like an idiot.

"Really." Lilli says as she places her other hand on your cheek, rubbing a thumb against your smooth skin.

Starstruck, you try to speak again, but nothing comes out. So you finally do what you've been hoping to do for so long.

You mirror her hand on your cheek as bring yours up to her face, and lean in for a kiss.