ONE

word count: 755

↳  CHAPTER ONE:

CHAPTER ONE:

CONNECTING THE DOTS

VIRGINIA HOPKINS SAT DOWN ON THE BLEACHER with Evie, ignoring the dark haired girl who waited for her to speak.

"What? Are you still mad at me over the whole party thing?" Virginia didn't say anything, it had been a month since Virginia had last contacted Evie. It was school time and Ginny didn't want to be there— surrounded by people she hated.

"Well, whatever. It's not like Cheryl was there which I'm bummed about. But I feel so bad for her. I still can't believe Jason's dead." Evie continued, not feeling sorry for what she did. It's not like she knew, really.

Virginia held her breath, she couldn't believe Jason was dead either. After all Jason Blossom put Virginia through, was she happy that he was dead?

Virginia tuned out her best friend as she looked around the auditorium and found herself looking at Jughead Jones. He sat at the top of the bleachers, looking bored, and if Ginny wasn't mad at him, she would smile because she knew Jughead always looked bored. It was a gift, per say. She took in his dark clothing and his staple beanie that she loved before she bit her lip as his eyes looked up to meet hers.

She didn't dare look away and kept staring, her features blank as she held his stare. He didn't look upset that she was staring or happy. Ginny didn't know whether she was happy or mad at him. She was just exhausted, in reality.

She felt that the summer was too long and the fights between her, Jughead, and Archie were way too ridiculous to care about anymore.

Someone was dead. Jason was dead.

Maybe she should reconcile with her old friends. Life could be so short and her heart did ache without the two boys in her life.

"Who are you looking at?"

Virginia diverted her eyes away from Jughead and to the front where Cheryl was about to speak.

"Gin?" Evie asked softly, grabbing at her friends hand. Virginia tore her gaze away from the dark haired boy who Virginia ached to go to.

"N-Nothing, I was looking at nothing."

º º º

FLASHBACK:

AFTER THE SUMMER PARTY

Virginia woke up, groggy. She pressed the palms of her hands over her eyes as she blocked out the bright sunlight.

She froze as she tried to piece together what happened last night, her mind completely blank. She stared at the ceiling and frowned at the posters on the wall, knowing where she was immediately. She'd always hated the posters and thought they were tasteless movies that shouldn't be put on walls.

She stumbled out of bed, clutching her head. She knew her clothes were not on her and instead, boxers and a long black tee covered the length of her body. She tugged at the clothes as she located Jughead sitting at the other end of the room.

"Hey," she whispered, tugging on her new attire. He sat on a chair with his computer, she knew he never went anywhere without it. He was munching on food while he stared at the screen in concentration before looking up to see her awake.

"Hey." Jughead shut the computer and looked up at Virginia.

"W-what happened?"

Jughead looked away from Virginia. "I got a call from you, rambling. I came and picked you up because you were freaking out over something–"

Virginia blanked out from what Jughead was saying, trying hard to remember what happened last night. What had happened?

"You were drugged, did you know that?" Jughead's tone turned sour and Virginia immediately tuned back into the conversation at hand.

She looked down with a shrug, as if she was ashamed that she managed to. Even though Virginia wasn't a party girl, she was quite sensible and drinking a drugged drink was unheard of for her. "I knew after I drank, yeah."

"If you hadn't called me–"

"I know what could have happened," she harshly yelled, immediately covering her mouth. Her eyes were wide, she never had yelled at Jughead before.

"I-I'm sorry," Virginia whispered as she stared at her old friend. "I-I should get going, thank you."

"Ginny?" Virginia turned, her heart warming at the nickname sent her way. She froze though, her mind thinking of the previous months that hurt her heart so much. She knew that her friendship with Jughead and Archie was over, but that was her fault.

"I've missed you."

Virginia smiled sadly, "I don't miss you."

º º º

go read shameless, my betty fic!!