THIRTEEN

DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE COMMENTS <3

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:

THE BREAK DOWN

     IT WAS THE NEXT DAY AT SCHOOL IN the office of the Blue and Gold where Virginia found herself cramming her studying in for a test. She bent over the table, frown in place as she studied her notecards on the Civil War. She sighed in exasperation, knowing that she didn't know anything for the test. The brunette girl peeked over the edge of the desk and into her open backpack, longingly staring at the pack of cigarettes taunting her.

After the weekend, Virginia went to the closest 7/11 and picked up a pack of cigarettes, craving the relief the death stick could give her.

"Juggie, I feel like I don't even know who my mom and dad are anymore." Virginia pulled her gaze away from her bag to see Betty pacing around the room, distressed.

"They're assholes, that's what they are." Virginia replied dryly from the couch and Jughead sent her a glare. Sometimes the brunette girl didn't know when to keep her mouth shut.

"Betty, if your parents lied about Jason and Polly, there's probably more that they lied about." Jughead told her as he thought of what events occurred the previous night.

"What do you mean?" Betty asked him, a frown in place. She stepped closer to the tall boy, arms crossed.

"Your dad said he would do anything to protect Polly. So the next logical question is– How far would he go to protect her?"

Jughead bent down, pencil in hand as he began to scribble something down. Virginia pushed herself out of the chair, stepping closer to the pair by the board.

"Jughead, whoever broke into Sheriff Keller's house and stole all his evidence wasn't at the drive-in. My Dad wasn't at the drive-in.

"We need to talk to Polly." Jughead told her and Virginia bit her lip as he passed the blonde the thumb tack and paper.

She held her breath, as if her heart was breaking as she noticed the longing stare Betty sent to Jughead.

º   º   º

VIRGINIA AND JUGHEAD SAT IN their usual booth at Pop's after school. Virginia's head was placed on the table, frustrated how horribly her test had gone and Jughead was typing away on his computer, waiting for his best friend to stop wailing about her grades.

"So," Virginia prepped her head onto her vertical arms, resting her chin on her hands. "It seems like Betty has a little crush on you." All day it had bugged her. The itching voice in her head, telling her that Jughead was better off with a pretty blonde like Betty.