TWENTY SIX

(  surprise, bitches! double update !  ) 

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX:

VIRGINIA, EXPOSED

      THE LANKY BODIES OF THE YOUNG men in Fred Andrew's office, tumbled out at the sound of their friends scream. Each of their hearts racing, wondering what the hell happened.

The group of young men finally made it through the dark to where a truck shrieked its way out of the lot, leaving two crumpled forms behind. The boys crowded around Moose while Jughead immediately drop down beside the young girl nearby. 

"Stay down. We'll get you some help." Fred Andrews told the moaning jock who clutched his gut.

"Ginny? Ginny!" The young girl flinched at the soft touch, her eyes opening to see Jughead crouching over her. His worried gaze deeper as he saw redness surrounding her pale neck, the tears, and how she was cradling her wrist. 

"Who did this to you, Moose?" Fred asked him, looking him over before he moved over to Ginny. He sighed as she whimpered, his hand ghosting her pale wrist— it was probably broken. 

"No clue. But they said, as long as we keep working, they're gonna keep coming back." Moose told them, grunting as he tried to sit up. With the help of his friends, he managed. 

"What happened Gin?" Jughead asked her softly, pulling her up from her position. His thumbs rubbed patterns into her back as he hugged her softly, hoping to give her a little comfort. 

"I-I don't know," Ginny breathed out, pulling back to stare up into his blue eyes. "Two of the guys with a crowbar went for Moose and the other pushed me up against the–" 

Ginny's shaky breath cut herself off and tears threatened to spill. Jughead bit his lip hard, angry over what happened to his girl. 

"That's when I screamed, and he covered my mouth to make sure I didn't make too much noise. H-He hurt my wrist but really they only cared about hurting Moose before rushing off–" She let out a shaky sob, burying her head into his neck as memories of the summer flashed through her mind. Both started with her being pushed up against something, she didn't know if this scenario would have been the same. "I-I thought he was going to–" That was the first time she mentioned assault to Jughead. Even though it was a hypothetical, the lingering truth behind that word stayed.