THREE

word count: 1285

↳  CHAPTER THREE:

CHAPTER THREE:

ANOTHER SCHOOL DAY

     IT WAS ANOTHER MORNING AT RIVERDALE HIGH and Virginia was at her locker retrieving her materials for the day. She had already missed her first period because her mother had slept on the kitchen floor and needed help. So, here the blue eyed girl was, late to school, and irritated that her mother existed.

"Hi," Virginia turned to see Jughead standing beside her, backpack in hand as he leaned up against the locker beside hers.

"Hey," she replied softly, pushing her hair behind her ears. She didn't say anything else, she wasn't sure how the two stood now in their friendship– if they were friends again.

"I'm just gonna ignore the awkward silence and officially state we're friends again." Jughead announced. "I'm sorry for what I did, I know it was a dick move to call the cops but I've missed you."

"I've missed you too, Juggy." Virginia teased, grasping on the straps of her backback as she tugged the zipper shut.

"Good, Ginny." Virginia immediately glowed at the sound of her nickname, relishing in the past warmth it held. She smiled at her friend but halted as she saw Archie Andrews in the distance, walking towards the pair. Although her friendship with Jughead and Archie ended during the spring, somehow the boys had lasted until the summer.    

"Hi." Archie greeted, awkwardly staring between the brunette girl and boy who once were his friends.  

"Do you think I can use Jason Blossom's death as an excuse to get out of PE?" Jughead asked and Virginia covered her mouth after she sharply breathed in. "'Sorry, Coach, I'm just too depressed and freaked-out right now to do pull-ups.'"

"Don't joke about Jason Blossom." Virginia's smile vanished and knew that Archie was right. Virginia knew that Jason Blossom deserved to die. That the facade that the young twin had was merely what it was– fake, and the boy on the inside was poisonous.

"What? Sardonic humor is just my way of relating to the world." Jughead focus moved from Archie to the crowded hallway, scoffing. Virginia followed his hardened glare to a rapidly approaching pair of assholes: Reggie and Moose. "Look, it's the rich kids from The Goonies. All right, I'm out."

"Watch it, Wednesday Addams." Virginia frowned as Reggie bumped shoulders with Jug, hating the popular boy for being so rude. She smiled and waved goodbye to Archie, dipping into a doorway to get away from horny jocks.