TWENTY EIGHT

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT: 

↳ THREE'S A CROWD

     GINNY DIDNT KNOW WHERE Archie was taking her, but she had an idea. He hadn't spoken a word since he yanked her from his dad's car. 

"Archie, we can't be here." Virginia protested, trying to tug her wrist from his grasp as they made their way through the fancy hotel.

"Ginny, shut up." Archie spat and Ginny felt anger at his snippy tone and his tight grip on her wrist. Archie navigated the two of them through the hotel until he found Veronica's place, pushing the door open. Inside were lots of women and Archie quickly noticed Jughead with Betty in the center of the room.

"You were protecting him. That's why you didn't tell me." Archie accused his dark haired friend, finally letting go of Ginny's wrist.

"Relax," Jughead told his friend, glancing around at the guests who took an interest in the newcomers. His eyes then landed on the girl behind the redheaded boy. 

"What happened?" Betty asked and Ginny huffed, annoyed at how Betty always had to know what was going on.

"Did you know that Jughead's father is a Serpent?" Archie spat out, turning to Betty with his hands on his hips.

"No." Betty stuttered out, glancing towards Jughead as if she felt betrayed.

"That's why he tried to stop me from going to the bar, so I wouldn't find out. He also knew Ginny would be there! After everything my dad has done for you two–"

"Archie, I can explain, okay?" Jughead told his friend desperately, looking towards his best friend. She didn't get his text. 

"But not right now. This is Polly's day, so you two need to check yourselves. I mean it." Veronica interrupted, looking at the commotion that was causing a scene.

"Archie—" Jughead attempted to grab ahold of his best friend, his brow furrowed.

"No, save it." Archie shoved past his best friend, hurt that Jughead hadn't confided in him. He managed to grab ahold of Ginny again, attempting to take her with him. 

"Archie, you're a self-righteous, entitled prick." Virginia spat, wrenching her hand out of his tight grip. "I thought you were a good friend but all you do is make things about yourself." She shook her head as she stared up at her redheaded friend. "If you were our friend you would accept things like this– that not everything is perfect like you and your fucking life."

"Gin–"

"Save it, Archie." Ginny repeated his words. "You can talk to me when you finally realise what a self-centred asshole you've become." 

º º º