Chapter 2

"Come on! Get up, Hannah!" Hannah jumped up and looked at the time.

"Crap!" She rushed to get ready and drag her trunk to the front door. Hammy hooted in his cage, protesting the sudden jolting of his cage. 

"Sorry, Hammy. If I didn't get ready quickly, I wouldn't have time for breakfast!" Hannah yelled at the owl as she walked to the kitchen.

"Good morning, honey!"

"Morning, Dad! Is breakfast ready?"

"Yep. Sit down!" Hannah sat at the table, ready to eat and go. She scarfed down her pancakes. They were pretty good in her opinion. Then she threw on her shoes and dragged her trunk, with Hammy on top, out to her dad's car.

"I'm ready!" Her dad laughed at her.

"Well, for someone who is never ready for school, you sure do seem excited." Hannah laughed and got into the car.

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

*********************************************************************

They arrived at King's Cross Station ten minutes before the train was due to leave.

"Better hurry, Hannah. Don't want to pull a 'Harry Potter' arrival, do you?" Hannah smiled.

"Are you telling me you pulled an 'Arthur Weasley' and enchanted a car to fly?" Her father laughed and shook his head.

"No... Weasley is a good man though. He was just curious. Now go. You'll be late." Hannah walked through the barrier as a crowd walked by, disappearing to the eyes of the muggles.

After Hannah loaded her trunk onto the train, Hammy started to screech indignantly.

"Oh, don't do that Hammy! I'm not going to feel guilty. In fact, I'm going to walk away."

When she got onto the train, she started searching for a compartment. Then she felt something hit her head. She picked up one of her curls and examined it. 

"Hey! My hair! It's purple! Nice!" The twin boys behind her gaped as Hannah checked out her hair. 

Her lack of a funny reaction frustrated Fred, but also intrigued him. This girl could be an ally, partner in pranking. Suddenly someone snapped in front of his face.

"H-Huh? What? Uh, Quidditch!" Hannah sighed, exasperated.

"I asked how long the color lasts!"