Chapter 3

Hannah finally found a partially empty compartment. There was just a girl sitting alone.

"Hi! I'm Hannah! Is it okay if I sit here?" Hannah sat down before the girl could answer. 

"I'm Jessica. Everyone calls me Jess though."  

Suddenly a boy about Jess' age poked his head through the door. 

"Neville!" Jess beamed at the boy. Hannah waved at Neville as he sat down. 

"So you guys are third years right? I've seen Neville with Harry a few times. They nodded  and started talking about their experiences with Harry the past two years.

*******************************************************************

When Hannah got off, she waved to Jess.

"Bye!" Jess yelled after her. Then Hannah bumped into Fred. 

"Oh, I'm sorry!"

"It's fine, I've been 'train'ing." Fred pointed back at the train.

"Oh, god. That took 'sole'." Hannah pointed at her shoe and burst out laughing. The pun war continued until they reached the castle. Even George and Jordan wanted to hit them by that point. Hannah and Fred split up when the reached the Great Hall.

Everyone sighed a breath of relief, not realizing that the two had planned to meet up more often to trade ideas.

"Jokes are the best, especially when they are bad jokes!" Hannah giggled as she next to Cedric Diggory and another fifth year. The boy shook his head. 

"No. Just no." 

"What's wrong with a good joke?"