Realizations

(Serena's pov)

Ash and I made our way back to our room. When we got inside we both plopped down on our beds and sighed.

"Well, I'd say that today was pretty fun, wouldn't you say Serena?" Said Ash.

"Yeah, today was one of the best days of my life! I had the honor of giving the speech at the opening ceremonies, I met lots of new friends, and got to try some amazing new food!" I said.

Ash chuckled.

"Well, that's good. I take it you didn't get to experience much of this at the castle. The only real social life I had was with my mother, my servers, and my self-defense instructor. Plus, like I said before, I was home schooled my whole life, so this is all new to me." I said.

"I see, so you came here to get away from that kind of confinement? Ash asked.

"Yep, that's exactly it. I was so scared at first, but meeting you and having the experiences I had today, I know now that I have nothing to worry about. So, thank you Ash." I said with a smile.

I noticed a little cute blush on Ash's face.

"Oh it's no problem at all, I'm glad I was able to help." He said bashful like.

I felt so warm all of a sudden, why do I keep getting this feeling around him? I need to go take a shower and clear my mind.

"Hey Ash, I'm going to go take a shower." I said a little more quickly than usual.

I stood up and was about to walk into the bathroom, but suddenly...

*CRACK

It was a booming thunder clap!

"EEEEEK!!" I yelled.

I found myself jumping into Ash's arms and burying my face in his chest and crying.

"S-Serena!? Are you okay?" He said concerned.

"I-I'm sorry, I just hate t-thunder!" I said.

I felt Ash stroke the back of my head to comfort me.

"It's okay Serena, I've got you. You'll be just fine." He said in a comforting voice.

I could hear his heart beating, and sure enough my heart started to race as well. I looked up into his eyes, and he was looking back into mine. In that moment it became clear what that feeling I have is. I may have only known him for a couple of days, but there's no doubt that what I feel is...

.

.

.

.

Love...

(Ash's pov)

Serena and I sat there in silence, just gazing into each other's eyes.

'Oh man, I hope she can't hear my heart beating.' I thought.

"U-uhm..." I said.

Something snapped in Serena's mind because she started to stand up.

"O-oh my gosh, I'm s-sorr-" She started to say, before being interrupted by another loud thunder clap.

All of a sudden the power went out.

"EEEEEEK!"Serena screamed.

Serena slipped and fell, but I caught her. I had closed my eyes when she fell, and when I opened then again, I froze. Serena's face was barely two inchs from mine. My brain went numb, and I felt myself become lost in her eyes, her beautiful ocean blue eyes. I slowly started to lean in and Serena did the same.