A New Day

(Ash's pov)

"Ugggg! Do we reeaally have to have school today?" I complained as Serena and I walked down the hall.

Serena put her hands on her hips.

"Yes we do, just because we're away from the academy doesn't mean we have to stop working." She said.

"But Sereenaaa!" I said with puppy dog eyes.

Serena crossed her arms.

"Nope, beg all you want Ashy, but it isn't going to work on me." Serena said.

I sighed.

"Yeah I know, it was worth a shot though." I replied.

Serena walked slightly ahead, then spun around to face me.

"I'll tell you what, if you can go the rest of the morning without complaining, we can go out to the garden for lunch and have a nice picnic together. Deal?" Serena said with a wink.

"Hmmm, I donno..." I said jokingly.

"Oh come on Ashy!" Serena said with a pouty face.

I couldn't help but laugh.

"I was just kidding Sere, you can be so gullible sometimes." I said, laughing.

Serena punched my arm playfully.

"Jerk, stop teasing me!" Serena said.

"Okay sorry, I just couldn't resist, you're just so cute when you get flustered." I said.

Serena blushed madly.

"You think I'm C-c-cute, really?" Serena stuttered.

I started to blush too.

"Y-yeah, of course you are, I mean, I've always thought that." I said.

Serena's face lit up witha bright smile.

We stopped and shared a quick kiss.

"You know, you're the best Ashy, I love you." Said Serena happily.

"Nah, I'm not as great as you are Sere, I love you too." I replied.

The two of us quietly walked hand-in-hand down the hall. Then a thought came to mind.

"Hey Sere?" I said.

"Hm?" She replied.

"How are we supposed to get to the academy on time? I mean, it's pretty late and it's gonna be a pretty long drive." I said.

"Oh I'm sorry I forgot to mention that we're not going to the academy for a while, we'll be studying here." Replied Serena.

"Oh yeah, I guess that would kinda defeat the purpose of us staying here." I said with a chuckle, feeling a little dumb.

"Yeah, pretty much." Said Serena with a giggle.

After a minute of walking, we made it to the dining room. It was, like everything else in this place, massive. It had a long black marble topped table with at least 30 seats, there were three giant crystal chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, and there was a terrace with a large staircase that lead into the back courtyard.

When we walked in, we were greeted by a familiar butler.

"Good morning your highness, oh and to you too Ash!" Said Brock waving.

"Morning Brock!" I replied.

"Good morning Brock, I didn't know you and Ash knew each other." Serena said surprised.