The KBI's Update

(Ash's pov)

A little over a month has passed since the incident with Dawn, and since then life at the academy has essentially flatlined. Serena and I had high hopes that with Dawn helping us out with the investigation things would seriously start to pick up, but we sure were wrong about that. The information we've been receiving has been lackluster. Just the names of some lackeys and the occasional meeting place, and that hasn't really offered much either. It sometimes makes me wonder if this plot is all it's cracked up to be, or if they know more about us than we know about them. There's something else has been eating at me. It's about that little black bag Dawn was carrying, we still don't know what was in it. I've asked her about it several times, but she usually just says, "Oh it was nothing important," or "It was just a little something for myself." Yeah, somehow I doubt that. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

On top of all that, classes have resumed and school has been as stressful as ever. As the weeks go by, the assignments become more difficult and much more frequent. I know that I probably say this a lot, but thank God for Serena. Thanks to her help I've been able to slowly by surely improve my grades. That being said, I'm still lightyears away from where I need to be for the midterms.

Speaking of which, there are only two months left until I have to take 'em. I'm not nearly as worried as I before though. As long as I keep hitting the books I should do well. Or well enough at least.

There's also another thing, or person rather, that's been on my mind recently, and that's...Serena. Ever since we had that experience at the café, things haven't been the same between us, and I don't mean in a negative way. We've grown closer, and sometimes it even feels like we're actually a couple. I wonder if maybe one day we'll actually be-

"Hey Ash! You look a little spaced out, whatcha thinking about?" Asked Serena, catching me off guard.

"Gah! Oh h-hey there Serena, it was nothing important." I said laughing awkwardly.

"Whaatever you say Ash, so are you ready to head back?" Serena replied.

"You bet I am, gym today was a total nightmare." I said stretching my arms in the air.

Serena giggled.

"Nah it wasn't that bad, you're just out of shape." She said jokingly.

"Oh knock it off will ya." I replied.

We both shared a quick laugh and began to make our way back to the dorms.

"So have you heard much out of Dawn today?" I asked.

Serena shook her head.

"No, I haven't. In fact she hasn't even said a word to me today." She said.

"That's strange, lately she's been pretty open, just like when we first me her." I said.

"You're right about that. I can't help but think something is wrong, but I don't know what." Serena said, pondering on that thought.

"You don't think she was caught, do you?" I asked.

"I'm not sure, I hope that's not the case. It's just been one day though, so I think we should just keep an eye on her." Serena said.

"Yeah, you have a point, there's no need in stressing too much over it." I said.

Serena nodded.

We continued on our way back to the dorms. When we made it to the front gate, we noticeda familiar someone waiting there, leaning against the wall. She turned to us.

"I've been waiting for you two." She said.

"Oh, it's you!" Serena and I both said.

"I have something that I need to discuss with you, follow me."