Battle Plans Part Two

A/N: So sorry for the wait y'all. It's been a pretty busy week for me. Bunch of college stuff, then it was Mother's Day, and now I'm actually in Arkansas for a friend's graduation while I'm writing this.
In any case, I'd say it's past time for a new chapter, wouldn't you say?

So let's get this started!!

*Sorry for any grammatical errors that you might encounter.

-----------------------------------------

(Ash's pov)

Serena, Dawn, and I made our way down the halls toward Serena's room.
We decided to talk there because it was more private than Dawn's room.

She didn't want to risk exposing any info on what the council's final decision was, or anything we would be discussing.

After all, you can never be too careful about these things. The last thing we need is mole getting wind of our plan.

When we made it to Serena's room, we stopped to make sure we weren't followed.

"I think we're clear, let's head inside." Serena said.

Dawn and I nodded and did as she said.

As we walked in, Serena looked over her shoulder one more time, then closed the door.

"Take a seat you two." Serena said in an uncharacteristically authoritative voice, causing Dawn and I to tense up.

"Yes Ma'am!" Dawn and I said with a yelp and a salute.

The two of us quickly scrambled over to the chairs in the center of the room and sat down, our backs still straight, almost as if we were soldiers at attention.

'This vibe... it feels different from her princess mode, and is certainly a far cry from the way she was acting a few minutes ago. This is more like, General Serena. I don't think I'm mentally prepared for this!' I thought to myself, not exactly know what to expect.

Serena noticed our strange behavior, but knew this was not the time for laughs. She simply walked over and sat down on the sofa across from us.

"Okay, before we begin, I need both of you to swear an oath of absolute secrecy. If any word of what I am about to tell you gets out, our entire operation will be compromised. And the calling the consequences severe would be an understatement. Are we clear?" Serena said, clearing aiming that last part at Dawn.

"I swear." Dawn and I said as sincerely as we possibly could.

A brief smile formed on Serena's lips, but faded as soon as it appeared.

"Excellent, now that we've gotten the formalities out of the way, let's get down to business. Ash, would you bring me my laptop? It's over there on my nightstand." Serena said, her voice sounding much more relaxed than before.

"Sure thing, just a sec." I said, quickly getting up to retrieve it.

After giving Serena her laptop, she reached into her pocket and pulled out a SD card and popped it in. While she was getting everything ready, I noticed that Dawn looked a little uneasy about something.

"Hey, you alright?" I asked.

Dawn turned to me and gave me a sheepish smile.

"Y-yeah, I just have a lot on my mind is all. I don't really wanna talk about it." She replied.

"I gotcha, I imagine this whole situation must be hard to take in." I said.

"Yeah, I'll be okay though, it has to be done." Dawn replied lowly.