Battle Plans Part One

A/N: Dudes, I have some fantastic news, my semester ends in three weeks!!

And you know what that means, much faster upload schedule!

Yaaaaaaay! 🎉🎉

Now then, on to some story related matters. This chapter is going to be another two-parter.

I'm sorry, but if I don't write it this way, things won't fall into place as well as I'd like. I'm sure you know what I mean.

Okie dokie, let's get this chapter started!

Enjoy!

*Sorry for any grammatical errors that you might encounter.

----------------------------------------------
(Ash's pov)

I heaved a heavy, frustrated sigh as I slouched down into the large chair inside my room.

"Uggh, this is so stupid! I'm already involved in this mess, so why the heck can't I attend the meeting!?" I complained aloud.

Yep, that's right, today's the day we finally sit down and figure out a plan to deal with the Berlitz bunch.

Or at least that's what I THOUGHT was gonna happen, buuut nooooo, the gears of bureaucracy just had to go and grind me up.

(Flashback)

It had been an hour or so since we had woken up. Dawn had been taken to a separate room to rest and receive further treatment, while Serena and I were making our way down the hall towards the castle war room.

Things were going according to plan, that is, except for one tiny detail.

"So you're sure I can't go with you?" I asked.

"Yes Ash, I'm as sure as I was the last time you asked." Serena replied in a frustrated tone.

Yep you heard right, the big whigs have barred me from attending the meeting.

"Oh come on Serena, can't they make an exception just this once?" I asked.

Serena sighed heavily.

"Ash, for the hundredth time no! Only a select few of people are allowed in the War Room. There are highly classified secrets that are going to be discussed that no one outside of the royal family are allowed to see." Serena replied, clenching her temples.

"But Sere..." I said, trying my best to guilt trip her.

"Don't 'but Sere' me mister, the laws are laws, and at some point I have to take off my girlfriend hat and put on my princess hat." Serena said, putting her hands on her hips.

"Fine, I understand." I said, lower my head in defeat.

"Good, now that wasn't so hard, was it?" Serena said with an innocent smile.

"Whatever..." I said with a pouty face.

"Aw come on Ashy, don't be like. I promise I will fill you in on the plan once we reach an agreement." Serena said.

"Sometime today, Sis!" Called Calem from down the hall.

"Coming!" She replied.

"See you later." Serena said.

"Yeah..." I replied.

We shared a quick hug and began heading our separate ways.

"Bro, she's totally got you whipped." Came a familiar voice.