I : Just Like You

2 Years Ago; New York
Dallas Winston:

             I ducked my head down as I heard the bottle hit the wall

             I ducked my head down as I heard the bottle hit the wall. He's gonna kill me one of these days. I thought, how the hell am I supposed to get out?

"You're nothing but a free loader! Ya little shit!" My father slurred.

My father had drank like this since I was old enough to take a beating, he was always pissed that my mom dumped "a free loader" off on his doorstep.

"I could be mean
I could be angry
You know I could be just like you"

and that's what I planned on doing.

I got up, "You're a fuck up!" He yelled at me, throwing a punch at my jaw.

"And you're the father of a fuck up!" I screamed, I had broke.

My father and I took our anger out on each other. "You're a son of a bitch!" He said as he got a punch in.

"You're the one who fucked the bitch!" I had knocked him out.

I let out a huff as I run up the stairs. I grabbed the only things a guy needed; cigarettes, a gun, and money.

I slipped out of the door and walked to the train tracks on the edge of the run down city. I thought about my old man, how he used to be a good father. It was just us two against the world.

"You thought you were standing beside me
You were only in my way
You're wrong if you think that I'll be just like you
You thought you were there to guide me
You were only in my way
You're wrong if you think that I'll be
Just like you"

But, I did become him. For protection.

Make yourself cold, don't feel. If you don't feel then no one can hurt you. Build a fort up against the world, only care about yourself. Don't let anyone in.

I hid in a train car, "Where are we going again?" A man asked his partner.

"Tulsa."

--
Short, but just a little background to the new story. The song is my inspiration for this book (Just Like You by Three Days Grace)