VIII : Cliche

1959; Sandusky, Ohio / 1965 (present); TulsaLily Reynolds / Daisy Parker :

Lily Reynolds / Daisy Parker :

                 "Get off of her!" I pounded my fists into the back of my stepfather, but there was only so much a little girl could do.

He turned around, snatching me by my shirt and tossing me into the corner.

"Don't touch my daughter!" My mom yelled, trying to stand up.

My stepfather, Alex Grey. He never hit the boys, he always sent them to the park or out. For some reason he hid beating my mom from them. It wasn't till later I realized he wanted to make sure that they wouldn't retaliate once they grew up. He didn't have a problem hitting me, or burning me, or cussing at me.

I heard the noise of my mother being thrown down and foot steps near me. He lifted me up and pushed me against the steps, "Since your mother's dead I guess I'll just have to use you." He sneered in my ear.

                Eleven year old Lily Reynolds was broken and beat that night, her innocence was stripped away from her. Her body used and heart heavy on the loss of her mother, but that was Lily Reynolds. Lily didn't exist anymore, she was a piece of history. I sometimes thought she was just a figment of my imagination, but Rose Reynolds was proof that Lily had existed.

"I thought you were dead." I looked up and her face fell with horror.

She had dyed her hair black, it was tied up in a nice housewife bun. I also caught a glimpse of the rock on her finger.

"Lily." She gasped.

"It's Daisy now." I met with the eyes of my creator.

We had the same eyes, it was almost like a mirror. Except, my eyes held pain and strength. Her's showed a weak life and luxury. I almost pitied her for being such a coward.

"Well, let's sign the house." She grinned shakily.

I walked behind Dal and Johnny, to be honest I forgot they were with me for a while. Once we walked into the small home I fell in love, every ounce of hatred and rage left my body as I took in my surroundings.

Dallas and I signed the contract, Johnny was still excited even though I had been mad.

"Go pick a room." I smile and he darted up the stairs.

It was a sturdy house, small and open. Yes, there was two floors but the house was still small. Nonetheless it was ours, a place of tranquility and love.