XXVI: The Ending

I know I didn't give much warning, but I thought it'd be a good time to end the book. I don't have any other ideas to continue and it's time for just like you to be completed!

 I don't have any other ideas to continue and it's time for just like you to be completed!

1972 (and years ahead); Oklahoma
Daisy Winston:

"Aw hell, Steve don't you dare touch that fucking cake!" I yelled at the 24 year old.

"C'mon Dais, I was just gonna make sure it tastes okay." Steve whined, retracting his hand.

A placed my hands on my hips, he knew I meant business and scurried off. I guess a stare down from a pregnant lady is scary enough. I sighed and arms wrapped around me.

"You're hot." Dally's voice called from behind me, his lips moving onto my neck.

"Dal, I gotta go check on how Scout is doing. This is not the time." I groan.

"All she's doin' is stuffing herself into a dress and putting makeup on. Let's go to the bathroom." He offered.

"I bet you'll cry when you see her, all dressed up in that white dress." I told Dallas.

"I will not." Dally fought back as I turn to face him.

"You cried when at our wedding." I teased, straightening his tie.

"Did not, there was somethin' in my eye. It was a little windy." He bluffed.

"Totally." I roll my eyes and he smiles.

Dallas and I got married three years back. We were 21, maybe 22. Dal popped the question randomly while I was dancing around the kitchen. Then married a couple months later because Dallas was tired of my last name not being Winston. I was now pregnant with our first child, well since my miscarriage back when we were 17.

"I'm gonna go check on her." I tell him, pecking a quick kiss on his lips before rushing up the stairs.

Scout wanted to have the wedding at mine and Dally's house before we moved. We still lived in our tiny little run down house. This was Scout, Johnny, Dallas, and I's first true home, she wanted to get married in the backyard.

"How's it going up here?" I ask, popping my head into the room.

Scout stood in front of my mirror, her black hair fell down in curls and white material hugged her pale skin. I smiled at the glowing girl, she was about done getting ready. Kayla, Steve's fiancé, had done her hair and makeup and is one of the bridesmaids. Scout's maid of honor was her best friend, Stephanie. Dallas and I were to walk Scout down the aisle and give the blessing, I was ecstatic to say the least.