VI : Save

Present (1965); TulsaDaisy Parkers:

Daisy Parkers:

Ponyboy was the first to run out of the truck, simply because he was on the end. Johnny followed, and I went too. Well at least attempted to follow.

"Daisy. Don't." Dally grabbed my wrist, I saw the anger and fear wash over him.

"Fake it till ya make it, Dal." I throw him a reckless grin and run out of the car.

I could hear him yelling every swear in the book at me, but I knew it was because he cared.

I heard high pitched screams over Dally's, Johnny and Ponyboy ran towards them. I followed, these little dumbasses were trying to pull the wood off of the opening and they were too out of shape. I picked up a big rock and yelled at them, the rock broke through all of the brittle wood easily. I hopped into the opening and the two boys followed in my suit.

Ponyboy and Johnny walked through the church easily, they knew their surroundings. I did not, and beat myself up just trying to walk without getting hit by a piece of wood. Finally, we got to the source of the annoyingly high screams.

"Shut up!" Johnny yelled, his usually scared eyes held a roguishness to them. I had a sense of pride run through me seeing Johnny like this.

I was brought out of my thoughts by more wood breaking. Dallas stood on the outside of the opening he had just made, urging us to get the kids out. Smoke filled my lungs as I tossed kids to Ponyboy. When I say tossed, we literally tossed these little humans to each other like they were potato sacks.

"Get out of there!" Dally's voice held a firm tone, yet I could hear how scared he was.

Ponyboy took no time getting out, but Johnny was weaker. He fell to the ground with a scream. For fuck's sake Johnny, you couldn't have waited to pass out when we jumped out? I thought to myself as I lifted Johnny up.

I handed him over to Dallas and I felt a not-so-good feeling on my forearm. It hurt like a bitch, but I hopped out of the church. I was coughing up a storm and I was out of it. Soon, I felt all of my feelings leave and the world go dark.

                     Who turned the lights out? What the fuck. I'm hungry, why does it smell like burning bologna. That's disgusting, I ain't hungry anymore. Man, fuck that. Where am I?

I finally opened my eyes, fuck why is it so bright?

"She's awake!" I heard someone yell and then a slap noise.

"Shut it Two, she's been out for three days. Give her a minute." Another voice grumbled and I looked around.

I was in a hospital room, all of the gang was here. Besides two, Johnny and Dal. I was confused, but then it hit me.

"Where's my truck?" I yelled and everyone smiled, laughing at me.

"We picked it up, don't worry." Steve smiled his crooked grin at me.