XX : I

Present (1965); TulsaDaisy Parker:

Daisy Parker:

                         It was finally closing time, we all went to the Curtis house. I felt guilty. I don't know how I'm gonna tell Dallas. When we arrived Dally was already walking out of the house, a wide grin on his face.

"Hey doll." He smiled and placed his lips on mine.

The remainder of the gang walked into the house quietly, leaving Dallas confused.

"Where's Johnny?" He asked.

I felt tears well up in my eyes, and Dallas looked at me even more concerned.

"I called the house a-at work and h-he was here, Dal." I stuttered out and looked down at my feet.

"Him, he beat up Pone. H-he took Johnny." I looked up at Dallas.

He looked shocked, "I couldn't get here in time, I'm sorry." I tried to keep my voice steady.

"It's not your fault." He said as his jaw locked.

"Yes it is. It's my fucking fault, I should just go back." I said.

"No, you're not going. You're staying here." He ordered.

"I let him take Johnny." I cried out.

I hopped into the truck and drove out before Dallas could say anything else. "Fucking hell, just take me!" I yelled as I pulled into the driveway.

I slammed the door of the truck and walked into the house, locking it behind me. I went straight to the fridge, after grabbing a beer I searched the house. Just incase the fuck head wanted to sneak in. Once I knew it was clear I turned the radio up and sat on the kitchen floor.

"Come at me fuck head!" I yelled and slid the bottle across the floor.

I don't really know how many beers I drank, but the door unlocked and in walked Dallas. Blood all over his face.

"What the hell happened to you?" I asked as I opened another beer.

"Robbed a store, got into a fight there." He set two cases of beer down.

"My man." I rose the bottle before chugging it down.

Dallas slid down next to me, opening his own beer. "I'm a fuck up." I laughed.

"Ditto." He laughed along.

I felt his head lean onto my shoulder and I leaned my head against his.

"We're gonna get him back." Dally promised and I took another sip of the drink.

"I just don't want him hurt." I slurred out.

"He's tuff, he can get through it. Go shower, you reek." Dal pushed me slightly.

I rolled my eyes and got up. "How drunk are you?" He asked me.

"I don't know, count the bottles." I told him and climb the stairs.

I held my liquor well apparently, I walked into the bathroom and turned the shower on. It was uneventful, just a shower. When I got out I looked at the mirror.

Resilience Lil. - Ally

My eyes widened as I read the words on the mirror. The dream came back into my mind and I smiled.

School was starting up soon, Johnny was still missing. The gang is just as worried as I am, maybe a little more considering I haven't been that stable. I just need a plan to get Johnny back.

"Daisy!" Dally's voice boomed, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"You've been doing push-ups for a while, stop." His voice calmed down.

I hadn't realized how many I had done, I didn't feel the usual burn that exercise brought. Just to make Dallas happy. "I need to find him." I sighed and stood up.

"We'll get him, don't worry. I think I might know how to get him back." Dal smiled and I threw my DX shirt on.

"Really?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I'll tell you about it after work and everything. I need the whole gang here." He told me.

"Fine." I groaned and walked out of our bedroom.

I was about to go to the stairs, but that was before I felt nausea wave over me.

"Shit." I spit out, running to the bathroom.

After throwing my guts up I cringed, "I don't do puke." Dallas laughed and pulled my hair away from my face.

"You need to start eating better, it's all that working out." Dal sighed.

"I have been eating, maybe it's the stress." I told him while I brushed my teeth.

"Two more letters he said. Only two." I added.

"We're gonna get through this. You need to calm down." Dallas told me.

"It's hard to stay calm when he took one of the best things away from me." I state as I walk down the stairs.

Dallas pulled me back to look at him, "Daisy, before I met you the only person I cared about is Johnny. This isn't only hard on you, we're all freaking the fuck out."

"I know it's hard on all of us, but considering it's my fault he's gone isn't helping me." I turned back and grabbed my keys.

"I'll see you after work. I love you." I told Dallas and walked out to my truck.

Two, Scout, and Sarge were already in the truck.

"Wait Daisy," Dally sighed and grabbed my wrist. "I'm sorry."

"Dallas Winston, apologizing?" I scoffed playfully.

He rolled his eyes at me, "You don't need to, I know it seems like I'm only thinking about myself. I don't mean too, I'm just worried about him. Before you Johnny was all I had, he understood me best. Johnny kept me sane when you couldn't, I refuse to lose him. I'm sorry, but I really am thinking about the whole gang. I'll see you after work though, I love you." I smiled slightly at him, pecking a kiss on his cheek before hopping into the truck.

"I love you too." He mouthed before I pulled out.

"Where am I takin' you Two?" I asked as Sarge laid across all three of our laps.

"To the DX with you, I don't have work today so I'm just going with you guys." He informs me and I nod.

Once we get to work, Soda and Steve were just walking up to the door. "Hey guys." I smiled as I got out of the truck.

"Uh, Dais." Steve pointed at the paper on the door.

YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE LEFT HIM ALONE, LILY. HE COULD GET HURT BECAUSE OF YOU.

"Get in the truck!" I yelled, luckily I was the only one that had gotten out of the truck.

Soda and Steve hopped into the back while I got the engine to roar back to life. I pulled out of the DX and hauled it back to my house.

The door was open and I felt my heart break, I ran as fast as I could into the house. I was surprised to say the least.

--
fOR JAHNNY MAN
Sorry that this chapter is shorter, the next one will also be kinda short leading up to the end of the letters