II : The New Girl In Town

(AN :: I FOUND THIS RANDOM ASS GIRL ON GOOGLE IMAGES AND THOUGHT SHE WOULD BE OKAY SO HERES A PRETTY GIRL)

Present (1965); Tulsa
Daisy Parker:

I pulled up to the bar, turning the key and placing it in my pocket. I got out of my run down Ford and walked in.

"You must be Daisy." A guy smiled from behind the bar, that must be Buck.

"In the flesh, nice place ya got here." I looked around the well kept bar.

I shook his hand and he showed me around, "Where are you from again?" Buck asked as we sat at the bar.

"Ohio." I nod.

"Well what are you doing all the way down here?" He asked.

"I needed a new start, got rough back at home." I shrugged.

I didn't want to tell him the depth of my past, I'm glad he did ask. No one here needed to know the depth of Daisy Parker and the shit she's been through.

"Well there's another kid staying here, Dallas Winston, he's a lady's man. He doesn't take no for an answer, but I might need help at the bar some nights if that's okay." Buck tells me.

"Sure, no problem. It's the least I could do, I mean you're letting me stay here." I laugh lightly.

I got my suitcase out of my truck and set it in the room Buck showed me to. I told Buck that I'd be back later, that I wanted to explore the town a little. In my truck I lit a cigarette and pulled out. I was on the run down side of this neighborhood, I didn't mind. Anything was better than what I left in Ohio.

"Greaser." I heard someone laugh while I was at a stop sign.

What the fuck is a greaser?

I looked in my mirror to see a preppy kid with a switch to a younger kid's neck.

I hopped out of my truck and walked over, "What the hell do you think you're doing?" I pulled the knife away from the preppy kid.

"Well who are you? I've never seen you around." The prep looked me up and down.

There wasn't much to see, it wasn't like I was dressed up like Marilyn Monroe. I don't think I could even compare myself to her. "None of your business, why do you think you can walk around here like you own the fucking place, swingin' that blade around in people? Are you fucking nuts kid?" I yelled and he was taken back a little.

"Kid? Who you calling kid?" He steps towards me.

"Listen kid. Learn your place, learn how to pick your battles." I said, pulling my unloaded gun out.