III : Bartending

Present (1965); TulsaDaisy Parker:

Daisy Parker:

               I walked into Buck's, it was later in the evening and I had just finished up eating a sandwich I bought at some diner down the road.

"Daisy!" Buck yelled from behind the bar.

"What's up?" I ask, it was a little loud and people were crowding the whole downstairs.

"I need you to help tonight, I know you haven't gotten settled in-"

"I'll help." I cut Buck off.

"Great! I'll pay you at the end of the night." He smiled.

"Let me go look a little more decent, more like I actually work here." I laughed and climbed the stairs.

I threw on a pair of black heels and a black dress that went to my mid-thigh. I put some deodorant on and went to leave my room.

"Well damn, where'd you come from?" I felt my hand being pulled back and I was face to face with a very good looking guy.

"Ohio, specifically my mother's vagina." I smiled and walked downstairs.

I met with Buck behind the bar and he showed me where everything was. Most people just drank beers and I can grab those easily. "You know you're not supposed to be back there." A voice called out at me as I handed a man a beer.

"Buck needed help, that's what I'm doing." I replied as I put some money in the cash register.

I turned to see it was the guy from upstairs, I checked to see if anyone needed a drink before I approached the guy.

"So Ohio?" He asks.

"Yep, now I'm here. Working a bar." I shrugged.

"Interesting." He says pulling a cigarette out.

"Where are you staying?" He asks as he lights the cancer stick.

"Upstairs." I told him as I handed a girl a beer.

"You're the broad Buck gave the spare room too." He nodded.

"I'm Dallas Winston." He adds.

That made sense.

"And I'm busy." I smile and tend to the group of people on the other side of the bar.

Buck took over at 12 a.m. so I was paid $35 and I went on my merry way.

I climbed the stairs, noticing people making out at the top of the stairs. I didn't mind them any and went into my room. Luckily, no one came in here. I debated on whether or not to take a shower, and ended up deciding to wait till morning so everyone was cleared out. I slid an old shirt and a pair of shorts on before I made my bed. I was tired, exhausted would be a good word to describe me. I laid down and I was out like a light.