VII : Happy Home

Present (1965); Tulsa Daisy Parker:

Daisy Parker:

                     Dally and I finally got out of the hospital. I had a bandage on my shoulder that went to my forearm. I had on a black tanktop and a pair of shorts. I could wear t-shirts, but I decided that I'll just wait till it's completely healed. The two of us checked out, when they weren't looking we both forged a signature as a guardian for each other. Sadly, my boots were basically toasted.

We walked to the Curtis house, it was early enough that all of Soda, Steve, and Darry haven't left for work. I walked in and Soda was just hopping out of the shower.

Steve was teasing him about something, but I was just trying to advert my eyes from the half naked boy. "Where's my DX shirt?" Soda asked urgently.

"I think ya need pants too," I laughed and he shot me a playful glare.

I sat at my spot at the kitchen table, Ponyboy was getting ready to make eggs. I heard the door open and Two-Bit came running in.

"I got a job!" Two yelled, picking Pony up.

Eggs flew everywhere, one hit Dal in side of the head. I laughed as Two-Bit jumped around.

"Damnit Two!" Dal yelled, throwing the egg at Two-Bit.

I was crying I was laughing so hard. Darry, Soda, and Steve finally got out the door in one piece.

"Hey! When can I come back to work?" I yell out and Soda turns to me.

"Tomorrow, and you'll be working the counter." He says and I nod before he leaves.

"I'm working at the new McDonald's in town." Two-Bit jumps around excitedly while cleaning up.

I grinned at him while Dally glared. I leaned back into my chair and took a cigarette out of Dal's pack. "You never smoke in here." Dallas raises his eyebrows.

"No one tell Darry." I laugh, blowing smoke out of my mouth.

"No one tell Darry what?" A voice asks from the door.

I looked over to see Darry with his arms crossed. I coughed and almost fell out of the chair. I waved away the smoke and "hid" the cigarette.

"Hi Dare! Whatcha doin' back here?" I smile innocently.

"Take it outside next time." I smiled back and grabbed his wallet off the table.

He walked out and I put the cigarette back between my lips. Dal, Pony, and Two-Bit were cracking up at the interaction. I rolled my eyes and let out a puff of smoke. I didn't think I was all that hungry, but that was before Pony set down a plate of eggs in front of me.

"So you hear Soda got himself a broad?" Two asked as he shoveled food into his mouth.

I cocked one of my eyebrows, "She worth it or just another greaser broad?"