XIX : L

Present (1965); TulsaDaisy Parker:

Daisy Parker:

L: A repeat of love? Maybe "Daisy." Loss. I could kill anyone of your gang, maybe the two orphans you've taken in? C'mon "Daisy," all you have to do is go back to Ohio. There's always another way, I could always take the girl. I bet she'd look just as good as you did that age, maybe even a little better. She'd look beautiful decorated in bruises like you did. You think she'd hold up a beating? You could lose any of them, remember that. I have destroyed your creator, now what "Daisy?"

- I hope you like my camera work.

I was disgusted with him, the fact that he'd take Scout was frightening and sent a chill down my back. I moved the paper to see a clip of the newspaper.

Local Woman Killed In Home!
Rose Reynolds, a familiar face around Tulsa, was brutally murdered in home last night. Family has pressed charges and police are investigating now.

My eyes widened, he killed my mom. He was out for Scout. I felt another piece of paper, it was from earlier. Not even an hour ago, I looked so happy. Dally was smiling over at me and Scout while we walked out of the store.

"Scout, don't leave the house. Don't go anywhere without some of us. Do not do anything stupid, understand?" I asked her and she nodded quickly.

"Dallas, I need to get out. I need space from all of them." I mumbled, trying to keep myself under control.

"We'll be back." Dally said and pulled me out to the truck.

I bit down on my bottom lip and Dal sped off. I zoned out the whole ride, staring out the window. I didn't think, I didn't do anything but breathe and blink.

We came to a stop in the woods that Dally brought me to on our date. He pulled me out of my seat and we sat on the rocks. That's when I broke down. "He killed my mom." I cried and Dallas pulled me into him.

"It'll be okay Dais. I promise." He sighed and kept me close.

"What if won't be okay? What if he gets ahold of someone from the gang? I can't let you guys get hurt." I looked up at him.

"He won't do that, you're tuff Daisy. He can't get through you, he'll have to go through me first." He smiled lightly.

I wiped my face of the tears and we sat, watching the water. Dallas pulled me into his lap and I felt safe.

"Dal, I need a stress reliever." I sighed.

"I have one idea..." he trailed off, his hand gliding up my thigh.