IX : Home

Present (1965); TulsaDaisy Parker:

Daisy Parker:

I woke up first, Dallas had his arms tightly around me. It was like he was subconsciously scared that if he didn't hold on tight enough I'd slip away. I felt safest in his arms, it was like a new home to me. The sun was barley up, I could see the pink hue wash over the sky. My first attempt at getting out of bed was a failure, and Dal tightened his grip.

"Don't." He rasped out at me.

I sigh and curl back into him, "I'm gonna have to get up soon."

"Just stay with me until the sun is up, then we can go shopping before work." He says and I hum. I was watching the sky turn different colors.

"Come on Dal, get up." I say as the sunlight started to pour in.

He groaned at me and held onto me tighter.

"Come on." I dragged my words out, lightly tapping his face.

I finally got Dally up, Johnny was still asleep when we got out of bed.

"We have no food, no toilet paper, and no furniture." I laugh quietly as the two of us tip toe downstairs.

Dally threw some clothes on and headed out to get the necessities. I asked him if I could out his clothes away and he didn't care. While he was out I walked into the closet, shelves were on either side of me. On one side I put Dal's clothes, once I had gotten that organized I went to the other side. We both didn't have that many clothes, but once we got hangers I'd hang up some of this.

"Dal? Dais?" I heard Johnny open the door.

"Dally went out to get some stuff, I'm putting clothes away." I call out from the closet.

Johnny flopped onto my bed and we talked for a while, I got mostly all of my things put away when Dallas yelled up the stairs.

I was almost hit with a pack of toilet paper when I walked over to the stairs. "Sorry doll!" He yelled and I just tossed the toilet paper into the bathroom.

Once I finally got downstairs Johnny and Dal were putting food away. I was happily surprised to see Dally had gotten groceries too.

The house came equipped with a stove, icebox, washer and dryer. "Thanks boys, go get dressed and we'll head out." I pecked both of their cheeks and got a glass of water.

"If we hurry then we can go shopping then before I go to Buck's we can get your things Johnny." I say as Johnny runs into the downstairs bathroom.

I slid my usual outfit on: Converse, short shorts, a sports bra, and my DX shirt.

I met downstairs with Dal twirling my keys, his eyes racked over my body as I snatched the keys. "You look good." He smirks, grabbing ahold of my waist.