28.

Rivers POV

I was in the kitchen looking for some thing to eat. since I wasn't allowed to train.

" hey what you making?" Sammy asked as he came out of no where.

" um I think I going to make Mac and cheese with bacon. want some?" I asked.

" yes that sounds so good can I help?" he asks.

" sure you want to grade the cheese?" I asked him.

he nodded I hand him the grader and the cheese. I make sure I cut the amount I wanted before I handed it to him.

" I use to help my mom in the kitchen. it was fun. the one time. we had a huge food fight" Sammy laughed.

" that's cool. what did you and your mom like to cook?" I asked as I started to cook the noodles. as well as the bacon.

" she loved to mostly bake. but our favourite dish to cook. was her home made pizzas. they where always a big hit" he smiled.

" well that sounds like fun. you known we are going to have to make a lot of this. cause I can tell we are going to have some hungry wolfs after training" I tell Sammy.

" I know it's not fair I want to train with them. Lowell says I can't" Sammy huffed.

" Sammy it's to dangerous. he is only starting it at fiftteen. you still have like six more years since you are eleven" I tell him

" well it will be four  next when I turn twelve." he smile proudly.

" it's your birthday next week?" I asked him.

" ya." he smiled.

" why didn't you tell me." I asked.

" cause I don't want anything. And if I did you can't give me what I want" he shrugged.

" well I am sure I will think of something. now you ready to start the sauce?" I asked him.

" yup" he says.

so I grabbed the flour, milk butter, and salt and pepper. I start melting the butter. then once it's melted. I add the flour to make a paste.

then I keep wisking it.

" can you slowly add the milk?" I ask Sammy.

he nods then picked up the measuring cup that had the right amount of milk. while he is poring. I am mixing.

then once all the milk is added I add the salt and pepper. mix it.

" now add all the cheese" I smiled at Sammy.

he nodded then added all the cheese.

" that was a lot of cheese" he said.

" well the more cheese the better. okay now we have to add the noodles and bacon." I informed him.

he nods. then I drain the noddles. and then rinse them in cold waters then shake them.

then I add them into the pot of sauce. then I tell Sammy to add the bacon. then I give it one big stir. so that every thing gets covered in the sauces.

" can we eat it now?" he asked.

" no now we put bread crumbs and then bakeit." I tell him.

" man this takes forever" he sighed.

" trust me it's worth the wait." I tell him

so I grab a couple casserole dishes. And placed the Mac and cheese in them. then cover them in bread crumbs. and place them in the oven.

" now while it's baking we clean up to pass time." I tell him.

" I'll dry" he smiled.

so we head over to the sink and start to wash. we didn't have a lot of dishes so it was pretty fast.

" okay let's check it" I tell Sammy.

he nods. then I open the oven. and it looked done.

" okay it's done so now we can eat" I tell him.

" finally" he said.

I grab the oven mitts and pull them out of the oven. then place them on the stove.  then I look up to see Lowell walking into them kitchen.

along with Ross, knight, Blaine and Kendall.

" what smells good?" Ross asked as he grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge.

" we made Mac and cheese with bacon" Sammy tells them.

they look At me then the stove. then grab plates from the cabinet. I looked at Sammy.

" told you we would need to make lots."

he just laughed. then I grabbed him and I a plate. I put some on his first. then passed it to him. then I put some on mine. we sat down at the bar stools.

meanwhile the rest where standing around.

" man this is so good. can you like make me this everyday" Kendall asked.

" no she isn't even really suppose to be doing this much." Lowell said.

" I am fine. beside Sammy helped" I said.

" still you should have had my mom help. you can't be doing all this lifting and stuff" Lowell said.

" I am fine now shush and eat your food" I tell him.

" well it's true" he muttered under his breath.

I still heard him. but acted like I didn't. then Jackson walked into the kitchen.

" oh sweet Mac and cheese can I have some?" he asked.

I nod and then he grabbed a plate and scooped some up. then sat beside Sammy on the other bar stool.

" so if you have a boy you should name him after me" Jackson said.

" um as much as I like that name I don't think it's the right name" I tried to tell Jackson with out being mean.

" well it was just a thought" he shrugged.

" well I think it's going to be a girl" Kendall said.

" well I don't care as along as its healthy" Lowell said.

" I want a boy. I have always wanted my first to be a boy. so when I have a girl. it can have a older brother to protect it" I said.

" well I guess we will just have to wait." Ross said.

" ya you have to wait like three and a half mounts." I tell them.

" that long" Kendall asked.

" yup" Lowell said.

" so when do you find out the gender?" Ross asked

" not sure really" I said.

" well when you do. you gotta tell us." Kendall says.

" to be honest I don't even know if i want to know. I kinda want to be a surprise" I said.

everyone turned to look at me. I just looked back.

" what your looking at me like I have two heads" I spoke.

" how could you not want to know" Kendall asked.

" I don't know I like the idea of having a surprise." I shrugged.

then stood up and put my plate in the sink.