Chapter Eight

Water gently trickles around my fingers as I push myself off the wet sand. My eyes scan the area and soon realize we are at the cottage Bill and Fleur planned on staying at. I spot Harry a few feet off, crying over something in his arms.

As I get closer, I see that the small creature is Dobby. A sob gets caught in my throat as Harry pulls a knife out of the small body. Ron places his hand on my shoulder as Luna walks over and closes Dobby's eyes. Why?

"We should bury him," Harry states. "He deserves to be buried."

While Harry and Ron go to dig the grave, Hermione, Luna, and I wrap the elf up in fabrics. I carry him up the sandy path. Harry takes the small body from my arms and gently lays Dobby in the grave. We all help pour the sand onto the grave.

Ron carries over a rock, which Harry engraved into it: "Here Lies A Free Elf". One by one, we leave Harry alone and head into the cottage. As soon as step through the door. Fleur quickly wraps her arms around me.

"You're okay," Bill smiles as his wife let's me go. "How's Ginny?"

"Last I heard, she's fine. Mum and Dad?"

"In hiding," Bill looks down. "You should get some rest.

"I'm not tired," I argue. My older brother uses Mum's classic 'You-Are-To-Listen' face, causing me to let out a groan before climbing up the stairs.

"Second door on the left," he shouts after me. I enter the naturally lit room. Inside is only a bed and dresser. I remember staying here as a little kid though my aunt did find my gift as a curse on the family and did not want me here. Oh well. She doesn't need to like me.

¤

I finish drying my hair as someone knocks on the bedroom door.

"Come in," I call in response. Hermione, Harry, and Ron enters one by one. "Morning."

"Morning," Hermione replies. "We were thinking that maybe, even though you're underage, you can join us in finding the rest of the Horcruxes."

I wait for them to reveal they're just joking, however they do not. None of us know how long this mission will last or what the outcome will be. However, it can be the end of the war. I look each one of them in the eye before replying.

"What do you need me to do?"