Chapter 2

"Hey, you ready?" Brittany asks as she walks out of the dance studio and into the car park to meet me.

"Yep, I will meet you there."

" Ok. I will follow you so we both get there at the same time." she says and I can tell that she is excited because of the happiness in her voice.

Brittany and I have been friends ever since we started dancing at 'Kelly's Dance Studio'. We do everything together and I tell her everything, well most things. I defiantly do not plan on telling her any time soon about what happened with Logan and I.

I get my keys out of my bag and unlock my car. I start the engine and check my phone.I have a one missed call my my mum and two from Logan.

I decide not to call Logan because of all the hurtful things he has done to me but I do call my mum, otherwise she will get angry.

I flick through my contacts and find my mum. I press call and put my phone on a stand. Just as I am driving out of the car park my mum answers her phone.

"Grace where are you? why didn't you answer the first time," she yells and her voice booms through my small, red Toyota.

"Sorry I was in the middle of class and I am driving to the shops now to get some new pointe shoes with Brittany now"

"You are not going to the shops now it is nearly 8:30 at night and I don't need you to be roaming around the shops this late." She screams through the speaker with a harsh tone.

"I am going to the shops I am 19, I can do what I want, you don't need to be telling me what I can and can't do." I say trying to stay calm.

"Do not speak to me like that young lady, I am your mother and I am saying that you need to come home."

" I am going to the shops with Brittany wether you like it or not. I will be home at around 10 goodbye." I yell back at her, and before she can say something I hang up the phone.

My mother tries to call back two times but I decline her, I will deal with her yelling when I get home.

I drive in the entrance of the shopping centre and it is not very busy so Brittany and I park near the entrance of the shops. we both get out of the car and walk over to the entrance door.

"Hey are are you ok? " Brittany asks me and tears run down my checks.

"No my mum keeps treating me like a child and I think I am old enough to look after myself now."

She warps me her arms around me and gives me a hug which makes me feel a lot better and let's me know that she cares about me. I start to think that maybe I should tell her about what Logan did to me and why I am not talking to him anymore but then I think to my self of all the things that could happen, like maybe she might accidentally tell someone or we might have a fight with her and she gets so angry that she tells everyone, I decide not to tell her unless something else happens between Logan and I.

"Ok let's get you cleaned up a bit so we can have some fun shopping." She says trying to cheer me up.

I nod and we walk to the nearest bathrooms. I wash my face with water and put on a bit of make up to cover up the red marks under my eyes from crying.

"Ok so do you want to get some dinner first and then we can shop?" she asks me.

"Um yeah if that's ok with you"

"Yeah that's fine what do you feel like, you can choose."

"Umm I think I will have a salad. what about you?" I ask her.

"Sounds good I will have a salad as well." she says.

We walk down to the food court and get a salad each. I get a chicken and walnut, with baby spinach, and Brittany gets a part and parmesan with rocket. We walk over to a table and eat our salads.

Beep beep! my phone vibrates and the whole table shakes. I check my phone and it is a text from my mum.

*Grace Whitney. If you do not come home now there will be some consequences for you to deal with later*

I decide not to text back and I continue to eat my dinner. Both Brittany and I finish and we but our rubbish in the bin and walk over to the dance shop.