Chapter 9

When I get home I walk into the front door and I can hear 2 voices. 1 of them I'm pretty sure is my mum and the other sounds like a man.

"Hello." I yell out hoping for an answer but i don't get one.

"Hello." I say again a bit louder.

"We are in the living room. I have someone for you to meet." my mum answers

"Ok" I say as I walk through the kitchen and into the living room.

"Darling, I would like you to meet Mark. I work with him and I have told him so much about you so I thought he should have dinner with us tonight." she explains

"Oh hi." I say a bit unsure of what is going on. Is he only someone mum works with does he have a girlfriend or wife maybe even kids, or is my own mum his girlfriend will he be my stepdad. No this can't be happening mum would never replace my dad. Many thoughts go through my mind and I worrying until I get told to go and get a glass if water for Mark. Great now I'm going to be used as a waiter.

"Umm mum can I talk to you?" I say handing Mark a glass of water.

"Um ok sure."

"I mean alone like in the kitchen."

"Ok. I will be right back." she says to Mark as she gets up and we both walk into the kitchen.

"Who is he and why is he in our house?" I question

"Grace don't be so rude he only came over because I work with him and he is a nice friend to have around. I talk to him about everything and he wanted to meet you"

"Are you dating"

"Grace no he is just some one who works with me."

"Ok well I'm just worried that your going to replace dad and I don't want that to happen."

"Grace I know you were very close with your dad and it was very hard for you to say goodbye but, it was 14 years ago and I think it's fair to say that we should move on."

"No that's not fair."

"Ok well Grace I'm not dating him but sometime I might date another guy and you might just have to put up with it." my mum explains

"Fine" i say and storm off into my room to think about what my mum is doing.

-------------------

An hour passes and I haven't got anywhere. All I can think about is having a stepdad. It would be terrible, having someone else that you are not related to in your house all the time, looking after you and telling you what you can and can't do. All of the thinking has made me hungry so I decide to go down stairs and join my mum and Mark for dinner. when I get down stairs they are already eating. my mum has a massive grin on her dance and they are both laughing and talking. It seems like my mum is happy which is a change. I don't think I have ever seen her this happy since dad passed away.

"Grace are you going to join us for dinner, we only just started eating this lovely meal your mother made for us." Mark says

"Umm yeah sure."I say as I walk over to the table and grab a sausage, some garlic bread and a serving of salad. I then sit down at the table across from my mum.

I sit there in silence while mark and my mum laugh about things that have happened to them before and the whole time my mum is smiling. Maybe it will be a good thing if mark dates my mum. It might mean that she will not be as strict on me because there will be 2 people for me to go to if I'm in trouble.

Luckily I finish my dinner just as mum starts telling him about some of my embarrassing baby stories.

"Grace are you not going to stay down here and tell mark a little bit about yourself."

"Umm no I need to have a shower and its 8:30 so I think I'll go to bed a bit earlier tonight since u have had a big week."

"Ok well I'll call you down when we are having desert and you can come down then if you are still awake."

I walk up to my room and have a shower. When I get out wrap the towel around my body and walk back into my room when I see Logan sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Get out. How did you get in here." I ask

"Hey it's ok. I'm not going to hurt you or anything. I just want to make it up to you."

"No go away get out of my house." I yell pushing him to the door and when we reach the door my lips meet his and for a moment I think maybe I should forgive him but then my mind snaps back into reality and I remember all of the things that he has put me through so I push him back.

"Get out or I will call the police and then you'll be in trouble ." I say

"Fine but you will regret this Grace. Know one will ever be as good as me." he says as he walks over to the already open window so I'm guessing that's how he got in.

I put on my dads old T-shirt and some baggy track suit pants and then walk down stairs.

" Um mum I think I'll just go to bed now cause I'm going to have to be up early in the morning cause I'm going to go to work and tell them what has happened and then I will try to find another job while I am recovering." I explain to my mum.

"Ok that sounds like a good idea but what about you look at going to a uni and study to be a dance and PE teacher at a high school."

"Yeah that could be an idea. I will think about that and maybe we could go and look at some different uni courses tomorrow."

"Ok well goodnight." I say to mark my mum.

"Goodnight" they both say at the same time.

I walk upstairs and brush my teeth then hop into bed thinking about what my future is going to be like.