Chapter 6

I pull out of the car park and grab a coffee. While I'm waiting I think about what I have been through in the past few days and what might happen in the days to come.

What will I do if I see Logan again. Will my mum yell and scream at me for staying out at the shops to late and then ignoring her when I got home. What is going to happen when I go to the doctors. Why is there a sharp stabbing pain going up the left side of my body nearly every time I move.

"Number 9. Order number 9." The sound of my order number being called out knocks the thoughts out of my head and I walk over to the counter to crab my coffee. I walk back into the car park and drive to the doctors.

By the time I arrive at the doctors I have finished my coffee and it is already starting to kick in and give my body a bit of an energy boost to finish the day.

I walk into the waiting room and it is 5:55 so I don't have to long to wait. I start to read a magazine and there is an add about open auditions for the Royal Academy of Dance. I have always dreamed of auditioning. Even if I didn't get in it would be the best experience that I could ever ask for. I will ask my mum if I can audition. It might be good for me to start moving on to what I want to do in my future life. I will need to get an apartment though which could be good. I can start living by myself and not have my mum watching over me all the time.

"Grace Whitney. Your doctor is ready to see you now. please make your way into room 3." The front desk lady says as I put down my magazine and walk down the hall way.

"Hello Miss Whitney, what can I do for you?" the doctor asks while looking up and down me.

"Umm well yesterday I fell down the stairs and no there is a sharp stabbing pain that shoots up and down the left side of my body."

"Ok. Is there any other time that it hurts?"

"Yes. Sometimes when I sit down and also raising my arm makes it hurt as well."

"Ok well I think it is something around your ribs. It is most likely just some bad bruising of the bone but I will do a few tests to make sure that it is not anything harmful to you."

"Ok." I say sitting down whole the doctor puts all of my information into the computer.

First I have to blow into a machine that measures the power if my breathe and how many breathes I am talking to make sure I don't have a punctured lung. then the doctor checks for any bruising on my skin.

"Ok so there were no signs of anything bad there so now we have to do the big one. An x-ray."

"Ok"

"We will need you to take your top off when we get into the room." the doctor says while leading me down the hall way and into a x-ray room.

"Ok you will need to lie down on this bed and stay still until the X-ray has been taken."

"Ok" I say while walking over to the bed and taking my top off before lying down.

"This will take at least 5-10 minutes as we need to take some X-rays from a few different places." the doctor says while switching the light off and walking out of the room.

I lie down in the bed and try to not move while having the X-ray which is very hard.

"Ok all done. We should be able to look at them in about 10-15 minutes so you can go and sit in the waiting room if you want."

"Ok thankyou." I say while walking over to a chair in the waiting room. I think I might call Brittany.

"Hello" Brittany says answering the phone.

"Hey. how are you?" I ask her

"Good thanks. What about you? have you recovered from last night?" she questions me.

"Yeah I'm alright. I had a sharp stabbing pain up my left side of my body so I am at the doctors now waiting for the results of my X-rays now. Fingers crossed I haven't broken a rib."

"Yeah I hope not.Have you spoken to Logan?"

"No way. I never want to see him or speak to him again after what he has put me through."

"Yeah I get what you mean." she says

"Ok well I better go but ill text you later if I have a broken rib or if it is just bruised."

"Ok good luck. Bye"

"Talk to you later. Bye"

I end the phone and the Doctor calls my name up to get my results.

"Grace. We have some good news and some bad news."

"Ohh ok" I answer back and my heart nearly stops. Please not a broken rib, please not a broken rib.

"The bad news is that you have broken you rib and the good news is it is only small so it will only take about 3-4 weeks to heal."

"Ohh."

"So for the next 4 weeks you will not be able to do much physical activity and then for a couple of weeks after you will need to do a few exercises to strength you body again."

"Ok thank you for your help. Umm and does that mean dance as well."

"For the first 3 weeks you won't be able to dance but after that it will be good to strengthen your body."

"Ok thankyou."

"That's ok" the doctor says while I walk out to my car.

What am I going to do. I won't be able to dance for 3 weeks so that means I obviously can't audition for the royal academy until I have recovered and I also won't be able to work at the preschool for a while because that involves a lot of running around.

I try to stop thinking about what is going to happen and I start driving home.